• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bradys fail to protest LA South Bay OC because press did not show up

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
http://www.examiner.com/la-in-los-angeles/brady-campaign-vows-protest-but-fails-to-show-up

Suzanne Verge of the Los Angeles Brady Campaign told the Beach Reporter "...she and others plan to continue protesting at future open carry gatherings..."

I guess she meant she will protest only when the television press shows up.
Thirty members of the Open Carry movement ... turned out ....

Not a single protester, nor anyone from the press showed up. Even Sgt Grimm of the Redondo Beach Police Department gave it a miss. Guess he's a regular unarmed OC checker in the area

The Open Carry luncheon was announced ten days ago.

There will be another opportunity for the Brady Campaign to protest later this month, on February 17th....

It will be curious to see if the Brady Campaign / Center protesters show up without the press. Or will the press show up if the protesters are absent?
Way to go, LA South Bay OC!

stay safe.

c45man

Sarah, who cares, Brady has lost a lot of her influence. Her organization had all the political ducks in order, that is democratic controlled house and senate for the first two years of this administration. As such, her lack of power was exposed when her organization failed to convince the congress to pass even one anti second amendment law.