• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Goodbye Buffalo Wild Wings

trooper46

I only recently noticed their "no weapons" sign when I went to pick up some wings for the super bowl at the Fort Wright location. This being Kentucky, I precoded to ignore the sign and openly carried without interruption (I assume they were to busy to notice).

In this case I was forced to buy the wings as I had 8 hungry party guests waiting and my other option was presumably running out.

However, I have submitted this letter to corporate and will make different plans for next year.

Letter to Buffalo Wild Wings

Sir or Maam,

My family, friends, and I have been patrons of Buffalo Wild Wings for several years now and have enjoyed your wings, food (especially your onion rings), and your environment for quite a while now.

However, with the company leadership's decision to ban law abiding citizens like myself from exercising our second amendment and human rights to adequately defend ourselves, I will no longer be giving Buffalo Wild Wings any further business. I have instead chosen to give my business to a local wings restaurant that appreciates my buisness and respects the right I have to protect my family.

I will also inform those in my reserve unit and other friends with CCW licenses that we are no longer welcome at Buffalo Wild Wings.

In closing, I would make 2 important points for your consideration.

1. The "No weapons" sign will not prevent criminals from entering your property with a weapon and possibly harming your customers and staff.

2. There is no statistical evidence that banning law abiding and trained individuals from carrying weapons will make your restaurant environment any safer.

I hope that someday we can do business together in the future, but I cannot continue to support a restaurant that does not respect it's customers rights to adequately provide security for themselves (in todays world that means carrying a firearm).

The right to provide for one's defense is not just a constitutional right, it is a natural human right.

sincerely,

Last edited:

Brian D.

Dang, I've eaten at that one before...sign must be relatively recent. But I believe that chain has done a lot of 'No Gun' postings in other regions.

Well as my Uncle Bud said many years ago: "Where there's one chicken joint there's usually another right down the street. (He had some verbal gems thru the years, obviously this one was more like a zirconia than a diamond. ;) )

usamarshal

I guess I won't be going there anymore either...hopefully they'll see the error in there ways.

trooper46

BWW is anti gun from corporate offices on down. I've never seen one anywhere that didn't have signs. They are hard to see, clear background with white lettering. You wrote a great letter, but I doubt it will change anything. This antigun mentality has been in place for a long time.

I know the letter in of itself probably will not do very much. But I am hoping that my letter is just one of many to add to the pile. If enough people write letters of intent to cease business, they may change their policy. Someone in corporate might have the brain to add up the numbers and recommend a change based on potential loss of earnings.

It's a real shame because I've enjoyed their food since high school. But if they won't respect my rights or that of my friends and family. I won't give them another dollar. Plain and simple.

UglyGun

I know the letter in of itself probably will not do very much. But I am hoping that my letter is just one of many to add to the pile. If enough people write letters of intent to cease business, they may change their policy. Someone in corporate might have the brain to add up the numbers and recommend a change based on potential loss of earnings.

It's not hard to find evidence that BWW is a dangerous place to be.
Here are 3 examples in 5 minutes of research:
http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-buffalo-wild-wings-101018,0,5631463.story
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/n...-man-wanted-for-Buffalo-Wild-Wings-851888.php
http://www.wric.com/Global/story.asp?S=10355703

Last edited:

KBCraig

BWW is headquartered in Minneapolis. I'm not surprised that they're anti-gun.

We have one where I live. I ate there once about 3 years ago and enjoyed it, then noticed the sign as I was leaving. They closed shortly after that (fiscal mismanagement by the franchisee), then re-opened this past year. I haven't bothered going back, and won't support them.

xd shooter

Visited the one in Kalamazoo, MI near WMU campus, specifically to look for the sign but could find it nowhere.

Good chicken sandwich! :)

Ivan Sample

I will no longer cater to them either and I also will tell my friends that we are no longer welcome there too. These folks will learn eventually-When they start losing business and money. Maybe they will change their minds or keep losing money.