Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shots Fired...

Shots Fired...

So... it's about 11:30pm Sunday night and I hear gun shots. About 9 shots. Not firecrackers... This is close to my home. I don't appreciate gunfire in the neighborhood and did my civic duty, called 911.

The Sheriff's dispatcher listen's intently to my complaint... then she says..."Oh, it's the Superbowl, the Packers won!". Then with out a parting salutation, she hung up.

So apparently, gunfire is OK if the Pack wins the Superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    So... it's about 11:30pm Sunday night and I hear gun shots. About 9 shots. Not firecrackers... This is close to my home. I don't appreciate gunfire in the neighborhood and did my civic duty, called 911.

The Sheriff's dispatcher listen's intently to my complaint... then she says..."Oh, it's the Superbowl, the Packers won!". Then with out a parting salutation, she hung up.

The Pack they won, so git my gun

Bang bang, Bang bang, 'twas so much fun.

I shot the gun into the air,

The slugs they land, I know not where.

I surely meant, to do no harm.

I hope no one, has bought the farm.

The slugs they land, on HB's lair. Oops

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    sure am glad my tax dollars are going to good use 911 dispatchers watching tv instead of acting accordingly to a shots fired call

hardballer did you ever see a sqaud drive by at least after that? my guess is probably not

nice phred
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 02-07-2011 at 04:43 PM.
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Angry Gunfire is not ok when the packers win

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post

Gunfire is NOT OK when the Packers win the Super Bowl. I wonder how that dispatcher would feel if later in the day, or in the future, the victims of a real bad guy shooting (or a domestic thing gone ballistic) are/were found.

I myself had every hope that the Packers would win, so I sent 150 rounds into defenseless pieces of paper at the range a few hours before the game started. Then I settled into watching the game with a Porterhouse Steak and some really nice shrimp.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    nice phred
    What he said phred...+1
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    Gunfire is NOT OK when the Packers win the Super Bowl. I wonder how that dispatcher would feel if later in the day, or in the future, the victims of a real bad guy shooting (or a domestic thing gone ballistic) are/were found.I myself had every hope that the Packers would win, so I sent 150 rounds into defenseless pieces of paper at the range a few hours before the game started. Then I settled into watching the game with a Porterhouse Steak and some really nice shrimp.
    What jpm84092 said. Hardballer i thought that crap only happened in southeastern wi.
    Wow just checked police calls for racine this week , only 1 report of shots fired.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

Quote Originally Posted by phred View Post

Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    sure am glad my tax dollars are going to good use 911 dispatchers watching tv instead of acting accordingly to a shots fired call

hardballer did you ever see a sqaud drive by at least after that? my guess is probably not

nice phred
    Narry a sign or sight...

Gunfire is NOT OK when the Packers win the Super Bowl. I wonder how that dispatcher would feel if later in the day, or in the future, the victims of a real bad guy shooting (or a domestic thing gone ballistic) are/were found.

I myself had every hope that the Packers would win, so I sent 150 rounds into defenseless pieces of paper at the range a few hours before the game started. Then I settled into watching the game with a Porterhouse Steak and some really nice shrimp.
    Appropriate behavior in my humble opinion...
    Quote Originally Posted by springfield 1911 View Post
    What jpm84092 said. Hardballer i thought that crap only happened in southeastern wi.
    Wow just checked police calls for racine this week , only 1 report of shots fired.
    The rule of law has been suspended in Buffalo County. The dispatcher was actually amused that I called.

Quote Originally Posted by phred View Post

So, should we call you DR. Phred, all though there were no green eggs and ham.
    Last edited by johnny amish; 02-07-2011 at 07:50 PM.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    ... all though there were no green eggs and ham.
    I'll try to work them in next time.

Back about 1997 I found an 38 round laying on my roof. Never gave it one thought to be from the super bowl. I wish I would have kept it. Of course there are other rounds in my overhang from shots heard during the year.
    I hate living close to the LEO practice range?????????????
    The way that you wander is the way that you choose,
    The day that you tarry, is the day that you lose!

You have to wonder how many citizens would think it ok and a defense against the law of firing within city limits because their team won a championship, or LEOs who would pull up and then allow it was just exuberance.

Or is it just Superbowls and World Series?

A neighbor of mine is a detective- I wonder if he would share the same carelessness as that operator (I think not).
    skorittnig

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Sounds legit to me....

Quote Originally Posted by springfield 1911 View Post
    Yea.. Sorry about that :-(

I Had a Superbowl Party at my place, I had Meatballs in BBQ sauce, Jumbo Shrimps, Grilled Brats, Dorito's & Nacho cheese sauce, Summer Sausage & cheese, Pretzels w/ a cheesy beer dip, A full wet bar with all the Booze & beer you ever wanted...and awesome Bloody Mary's. I have left overs for a week.

oh yeah..No shots fired here. lol But I did do a few shots of Bailey's & the Doctor
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 02-07-2011 at 11:38 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Sounds like Vilas County to me.

I called them last year around the 4th of july because someone was setting off several firearms around my house. I am betting at least 1 shotgun. When I called the cops cause I had nephews over and didnt want one of the kids getting hit by stray fire, the cops just told me it was probably someone scaring off a bear. When I explained that it was more than 15 shots, and they started going off almost in my back yard I said I would call back when someone had been shot by these ********.

About 30 minutes later (The average response time to my area), one showed up to hear the shots still going off. Though I live in a school zone and had kids in the house, the first cop agreed that they were odviously gunshots, and the supervisor that showed up went over and told the neighbors that I was just "A Crazy Vet" and they should be more careful cause I might loose it.

I later talked to the neighbors and found all this out.

A month later I called cause someone was trying to get in my house around 4 a.m. and when that same supervisor showed up, he told me that next time I should shoot the guy so that they are at least coming out for something.

I will never call the cops again unless I have to really hurt someone.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    I Had a Superbowl Party at my place, I had Meatballs in BBQ sauce, Jumbo Shrimps, Grilled Brats, Dorito's & Nacho cheese sauce, Summer Sausage & cheese, Pretzels w/ a cheesy beer dip, A full wet bar with all the Booze & beer you ever wanted...and awesome Bloody Mary's. I have left overs for a week.

oh yeah..No shots fired here. lol But I did do a few shots of Bailey's & the Doctor
    Funny guy...

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    Sounds like Vilas County to me.

I called them last year around the 4th of july because someone was setting off several firearms around my house. I am betting at least 1 shotgun. When I called the cops cause I had nephews over and didnt want one of the kids getting hit by stray fire, the cops just told me it was probably someone scaring off a bear. When I explained that it was more than 15 shots, and they started going off almost in my back yard I said I would call back when someone had been shot by these ********.

About 30 minutes later (The average response time to my area), one showed up to hear the shots still going off. Though I live in a school zone and had kids in the house, the first cop agreed that they were odviously gunshots, and the supervisor that showed up went over and told the neighbors that I was just "A Crazy Vet" and they should be more careful cause I might loose it.

I later talked to the neighbors and found all this out.

A month later I called cause someone was trying to get in my house around 4 a.m. and when that same supervisor showed up, he told me that next time I should shoot the guy so that they are at least coming out for something.

I will never call the cops again unless I have to really hurt someone.
    Agreed. Similar attitude here. Never had a dispatcher chuckle at me over a call like that so that was new...

McX
    he told me that next time I should shoot the guy so that they are at least coming out for something.

interesting concept, advocating you break the law, to give them something to do, never mind the other lawbreakers that were currently engaged in breaking the law. I guess the totality of circumstances just didnt add up. i hate when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    he told me that next time I should shoot the guy so that they are at least coming out for something.

interesting concept, advocating you break the law, to give them something to do, never mind the other lawbreakers that were currently engaged in breaking the law. I guess the totality of circumstances just didnt add up. i hate when that happens.
    Got a chuckle out of that McX...

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post

interesting concept, advocating you break the law, to give them something to do, never mind the other lawbreakers that were currently engaged in breaking the law. I guess the totality of circumstances just didn't add up. i hate when that happens.
    If it were not for the fact that my mother was a probation officer for 20 years, I would say there were no other real criminals up here, but between the drunken brawls and the meth labs, I think these cops would have their hands full. Unfortunately they are too busy going to work so drunk that you can catch them urinating on their own squads, or dating freshmen from the local high school, or even chasing people out of town and letting the person they are chasing take their squad cars for a joy ride while they fire rounds into it. Ahhhhhhh.................... Gotta love northern Wisconsin.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    If it were not for the fact that my mother was a probation officer for 20 years, I would say there were no other real criminals up here, but between the drunken brawls and the meth labs, I think these cops would have their hands full. Unfortunately they are too busy going to work so drunk that you can catch them urinating on their own squads, or dating freshmen from the local high school, or even chasing people out of town and letting the person they are chasing take their squad cars for a joy ride while they fire rounds into it. Ahhhhhhh.................... Gotta love northern Wisconsin.
    Jack, you are a ways up there, it must be the cold that gets to 'em...

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Sadly, the stuff that has been told is true! Lets not forget about the drug planting case by a certain DNR employee and the other goofiness which is law enforcement in northern WI.
    Anyone remember a guy by the name of "Tyler Peterson" of Crandon? Google it if you do not know who he was or what he did.
    Sadly, the breaking news story about his actions did not surprise me one bit! I expected it to happen long before he actually did it.
    There are a few decent guys in brown uniforms up here, it is the smaller blue uniform departments which you really need to be weary of.

ha ha... just noticed this ad at the bottom of the page:

"In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Quote Originally Posted by IcrewUH60 View Post
    ha ha... just noticed this ad at the bottom of the page:

Now that is some funny sh!t, I don't care who you are...

So, firing a gun into the air doesn't even get a squad car out, but OC at Culvers and you'll get harrassed by the PD?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast