• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shots Fired...

hardballer

So... it's about 11:30pm Sunday night and I hear gun shots. About 9 shots. Not firecrackers... This is close to my home. I don't appreciate gunfire in the neighborhood and did my civic duty, called 911.

The Sheriff's dispatcher listen's intently to my complaint... then she says..."Oh, it's the Superbowl, the Packers won!". Then with out a parting salutation, she hung up.

So apparently, gunfire is OK if the Pack wins the Superbowl.

phred

So... it's about 11:30pm Sunday night and I hear gun shots. About 9 shots. Not firecrackers... This is close to my home. I don't appreciate gunfire in the neighborhood and did my civic duty, called 911.

The Sheriff's dispatcher listen's intently to my complaint... then she says..."Oh, it's the Superbowl, the Packers won!". Then with out a parting salutation, she hung up.

The Pack they won, so git my gun

Bang bang, Bang bang, 'twas so much fun.

I shot the gun into the air,

The slugs they land, I know not where.

I surely meant, to do no harm.

I hope no one, has bought the farm.

The slugs they land, on HB's lair. Oops

oliverclotheshoff

sure am glad my tax dollars are going to good use 911 dispatchers watching tv instead of acting accordingly to a shots fired call

hardballer did you ever see a sqaud drive by at least after that? my guess is probably not

nice phred

Last edited:

jpm84092

Gunfire is not ok when the packers win

Gunfire is NOT OK when the Packers win the Super Bowl. I wonder how that dispatcher would feel if later in the day, or in the future, the victims of a real bad guy shooting (or a domestic thing gone ballistic) are/were found.

I myself had every hope that the Packers would win, so I sent 150 rounds into defenseless pieces of paper at the range a few hours before the game started. Then I settled into watching the game with a Porterhouse Steak and some really nice shrimp.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Gunfire is NOT OK when the Packers win the Super Bowl. I wonder how that dispatcher would feel if later in the day, or in the future, the victims of a real bad guy shooting (or a domestic thing gone ballistic) are/were found.I myself had every hope that the Packers would win, so I sent 150 rounds into defenseless pieces of paper at the range a few hours before the game started. Then I settled into watching the game with a Porterhouse Steak and some really nice shrimp.

What jpm84092 said. Hardballer i thought that crap only happened in southeastern wi.
Wow just checked police calls for racine this week , only 1 report of shots fired.

hardballer

Yup!

sure am glad my tax dollars are going to good use 911 dispatchers watching tv instead of acting accordingly to a shots fired call

hardballer did you ever see a sqaud drive by at least after that? my guess is probably not

nice phred
Narry a sign or sight...

Gunfire is NOT OK when the Packers win the Super Bowl. I wonder how that dispatcher would feel if later in the day, or in the future, the victims of a real bad guy shooting (or a domestic thing gone ballistic) are/were found.

I myself had every hope that the Packers would win, so I sent 150 rounds into defenseless pieces of paper at the range a few hours before the game started. Then I settled into watching the game with a Porterhouse Steak and some really nice shrimp.
Appropriate behavior in my humble opinion...
What jpm84092 said. Hardballer i thought that crap only happened in southeastern wi.
Wow just checked police calls for racine this week , only 1 report of shots fired.
The rule of law has been suspended in Buffalo County. The dispatcher was actually amused that I called.

johnny amish

So, should we call you DR. Phred, all though there were no green eggs and ham.

Last edited:

theoicarry

Back about 1997 I found an 38 round laying on my roof. Never gave it one thought to be from the super bowl. I wish I would have kept it. Of course there are other rounds in my overhang from shots heard during the year.
I hate living close to the LEO practice range?????????????

Badger Johnson

You have to wonder how many citizens would think it ok and a defense against the law of firing within city limits because their team won a championship, or LEOs who would pull up and then allow it was just exuberance.

Or is it just Superbowls and World Series?

skorittnig

A neighbor of mine is a detective- I wonder if he would share the same carelessness as that operator (I think not).

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

I Had a Superbowl Party at my place, I had Meatballs in BBQ sauce, Jumbo Shrimps, Grilled Brats, Dorito's & Nacho cheese sauce, Summer Sausage & cheese, Pretzels w/ a cheesy beer dip, A full wet bar with all the Booze & beer you ever wanted...and awesome Bloody Mary's. I have left overs for a week. :)

oh yeah..No shots fired here. lol But I did do a few shots of Bailey's & the Doctor

Last edited:

CalicoJack10

Sounds like Vilas County to me.

I called them last year around the 4th of july because someone was setting off several firearms around my house. I am betting at least 1 shotgun. When I called the cops cause I had nephews over and didnt want one of the kids getting hit by stray fire, the cops just told me it was probably someone scaring off a bear. When I explained that it was more than 15 shots, and they started going off almost in my back yard I said I would call back when someone had been shot by these assholes.

About 30 minutes later (The average response time to my area), one showed up to hear the shots still going off. Though I live in a school zone and had kids in the house, the first cop agreed that they were odviously gunshots, and the supervisor that showed up went over and told the neighbors that I was just "A Crazy Vet" and they should be more careful cause I might loose it.

I later talked to the neighbors and found all this out.

A month later I called cause someone was trying to get in my house around 4 a.m. and when that same supervisor showed up, he told me that next time I should shoot the guy so that they are at least coming out for something.

I will never call the cops again unless I have to really hurt someone.

hardballer

I Had a Superbowl Party at my place, I had Meatballs in BBQ sauce, Jumbo Shrimps, Grilled Brats, Dorito's & Nacho cheese sauce, Summer Sausage & cheese, Pretzels w/ a cheesy beer dip, A full wet bar with all the Booze & beer you ever wanted...and awesome Bloody Mary's. I have left overs for a week. :)

oh yeah..No shots fired here. lol But I did do a few shots of Bailey's & the Doctor
Funny guy...

Sounds like Vilas County to me.

I called them last year around the 4th of july because someone was setting off several firearms around my house. I am betting at least 1 shotgun. When I called the cops cause I had nephews over and didnt want one of the kids getting hit by stray fire, the cops just told me it was probably someone scaring off a bear. When I explained that it was more than 15 shots, and they started going off almost in my back yard I said I would call back when someone had been shot by these assholes.

About 30 minutes later (The average response time to my area), one showed up to hear the shots still going off. Though I live in a school zone and had kids in the house, the first cop agreed that they were odviously gunshots, and the supervisor that showed up went over and told the neighbors that I was just "A Crazy Vet" and they should be more careful cause I might loose it.

I later talked to the neighbors and found all this out.

A month later I called cause someone was trying to get in my house around 4 a.m. and when that same supervisor showed up, he told me that next time I should shoot the guy so that they are at least coming out for something.

I will never call the cops again unless I have to really hurt someone.
Agreed. Similar attitude here. Never had a dispatcher chuckle at me over a call like that so that was new...

M

McX

he told me that next time I should shoot the guy so that they are at least coming out for something.

interesting concept, advocating you break the law, to give them something to do, never mind the other lawbreakers that were currently engaged in breaking the law. I guess the totality of circumstances just didnt add up. i hate when that happens.

hardballer

he told me that next time I should shoot the guy so that they are at least coming out for something.

interesting concept, advocating you break the law, to give them something to do, never mind the other lawbreakers that were currently engaged in breaking the law. I guess the totality of circumstances just didnt add up. i hate when that happens.

Got a chuckle out of that McX...

CalicoJack10

interesting concept, advocating you break the law, to give them something to do, never mind the other lawbreakers that were currently engaged in breaking the law. I guess the totality of circumstances just didn't add up. i hate when that happens.

If it were not for the fact that my mother was a probation officer for 20 years, I would say there were no other real criminals up here, but between the drunken brawls and the meth labs, I think these cops would have their hands full. Unfortunately they are too busy going to work so drunk that you can catch them urinating on their own squads, or dating freshmen from the local high school, or even chasing people out of town and letting the person they are chasing take their squad cars for a joy ride while they fire rounds into it. Ahhhhhhh.................... Gotta love northern Wisconsin. :lol: