• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shots Fired...

hardballer

If it were not for the fact that my mother was a probation officer for 20 years, I would say there were no other real criminals up here, but between the drunken brawls and the meth labs, I think these cops would have their hands full. Unfortunately they are too busy going to work so drunk that you can catch them urinating on their own squads, or dating freshmen from the local high school, or even chasing people out of town and letting the person they are chasing take their squad cars for a joy ride while they fire rounds into it. Ahhhhhhh.................... Gotta love northern Wisconsin. :lol:

Jack, you are a ways up there, it must be the cold that gets to 'em...

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Sadly, the stuff that has been told is true! Lets not forget about the drug planting case by a certain DNR employee and the other goofiness which is law enforcement in northern WI.
Anyone remember a guy by the name of "Tyler Peterson" of Crandon? Google it if you do not know who he was or what he did.
Sadly, the breaking news story about his actions did not surprise me one bit! I expected it to happen long before he actually did it.
There are a few decent guys in brown uniforms up here, it is the smaller blue uniform departments which you really need to be weary of.

IcrewUH60

ha ha... just noticed this ad at the bottom of the page:

imgad

TyGuy

So, firing a gun into the air doesn't even get a squad car out, but OC at Culvers and you'll get harrassed by the PD?

Gunslinger

So... it's about 11:30pm Sunday night and I hear gun shots. About 9 shots. Not firecrackers... This is close to my home. I don't appreciate gunfire in the neighborhood and did my civic duty, called 911.

The Sheriff's dispatcher listen's intently to my complaint... then she says..."Oh, it's the Superbowl, the Packers won!". Then with out a parting salutation, she hung up.

So apparently, gunfire is OK if the Pack wins the Superbowl.

Yes. It is Wisconsin Revised Statute Annotated 123.46 section b.

Gunslinger

Sounds like Vilas County to me.

I called them last year around the 4th of july because someone was setting off several firearms around my house. I am betting at least 1 shotgun. When I called the cops cause I had nephews over and didnt want one of the kids getting hit by stray fire, the cops just told me it was probably someone scaring off a bear. When I explained that it was more than 15 shots, and they started going off almost in my back yard I said I would call back when someone had been shot by these assholes.

About 30 minutes later (The average response time to my area), one showed up to hear the shots still going off. Though I live in a school zone and had kids in the house, the first cop agreed that they were odviously gunshots, and the supervisor that showed up went over and told the neighbors that I was just "A Crazy Vet" and they should be more careful cause I might loose it.

I later talked to the neighbors and found all this out.

A month later I called cause someone was trying to get in my house around 4 a.m. and when that same supervisor showed up, he told me that next time I should shoot the guy so that they are at least coming out for something.

I will never call the cops again unless I have to really hurt someone.

Yeah, they should just ignore all 'crazy' vets.

phred

So apparently, gunfire is OK if the Pack wins the Superbowl.

Yes. It is Wisconsin Revised Statute Annotated 123.46 section b.

I thought it fell under here:
939.45 Privilege. The fact that the actor's conduct is privileged, although otherwise criminal, is a defense to prosecution for any crime based on that conduct.

CalicoJack10

Jack, you are a ways up there, it must be the cold that gets to 'em...

I have never seen brain freeze have that effect.

Sadly, the stuff that has been told is true! Lets not forget about the drug planting case by a certain DNR employee and the other goofiness which is law enforcement in northern WI.
Anyone remember a guy by the name of "Tyler Peterson" of Crandon? Google it if you do not know who he was or what he did.
Sadly, the breaking news story about his actions did not surprise me one bit! I expected it to happen long before he actually did it.
There are a few decent guys in brown uniforms up here, it is the smaller blue uniform departments which you really need to be weary of.

I remember that. Kinda scary that abuse is far more common by police/would be police than it is in domestic violence.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Go after them!

hardballer:

I would submit an immediate FOI (open records) request for a copy of the 911 records, ALL of them for that evening from two hours before until two hours after. This IS something the county has, and MUST release.

Shot's fired call get, "It's OK, packers won response???" is unacceptable.

Once you have the actual 911 call, contact your county Sheriff, and the County Board Chairman. Ask them for a meeting and play the call for them. DEMAND an explanation why a "Shots fired" call resulted in the dispatcher hanging up. Wear you voice activated recorder, then release it to ALL the local papers and TV stations.

That's EXACTLY what I'd do...

hardballer

hardballer:

I would submit an immediate FOI (open records) request for a copy of the 911 records, ALL of them for that evening from two hours before until two hours after. This IS something the county has, and MUST release.

Shot's fired call get, "It's OK, packers won response???" is unacceptable.

Once you have the actual 911 call, contact your county Sheriff, and the County Board Chairman. Ask them for a meeting and play the call for them. DEMAND an explanation why a "Shots fired" call resulted in the dispatcher hanging up. Wear you voice activated recorder, then release it to ALL the local papers and TV stations.

That's EXACTLY what I'd do...

Ya know, You're right... I'll update soon...