• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unexpected Response from a Business

sharkey

I'm just gonna trust you on that. I got lost in all that code and wandered in to a description of every weapon known to man. I think fingernails exceeding 1/16" with a mean angle deviation below...... were listed in there somewhere. Ok, I made that last one up and don't even know what it means.

I have a headache now.

mjones

Not according to CPC Section 12026.1. Did I miss something?

One of the few states that don't require a lawyer to have a Juris Doctorate seems to have the most complex laws, errrg.

Yes, you missed 12025(f):
(f) Firearms carried openly in belt holsters are not concealed
within the meaning of this section.

12026.1 isn't a section on 'transportation requirements' its a section which provides exceptions to 12025 for unlawful concealed carry.

coolusername2007

The artist is my friend as well as the owner of the business. He is a good enough friend that i could have mentioned it before we went and avoided the whole situation. He was discreet about it with her and with thanking me. He wants heavily tattooed people to be viewed as mainstream and not outlaw. I think in his mind it does damage to that goal to have heavily tattooed people hanging around in his parlor with guns. They're shop almost looks like a high end salon. Clean, bright, lots of (their) paintings on the wall.

I think that since you two are friends, and he is pro-2A and a fellow gun owner it would be enlightening to have a chat with him to see exactly what all the consternation was about, instead of just guessing.

As activist UOC'ers we have to fully understand the mindset of our fellow gun owners and win them over to the full measure of liberty.

Last edited:

realityfatality

It's acceptable and expected as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes buisness owners simply like to secure their clientel. You know, a lot of liberals & sheep in california that are pure hoplophobes and seeing a firearm LEGALLY exposed on the waist can be alarming to them. Buisness owners aren't always expressing their views in their decisions, just trying not to scare people away. It all depends on how you look at the situation and how it's approached. Id prefer to disarm myself to patronize a buisness owner that politely asked me if I would feel comfortable removing my firearm & that he knows it's my constitutional right but some clients are being scared off than one that yelled at me to get the hell out and alert me they've called the cops.