• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pasadena OC Event

ZeroG

I'm interested in attending, and this will be first UOC event. I'll be coming alone, so I hope to meet some cool people. Anyone coming from the Northridge area and want to carpool?

Are we parking a lot the mentioned earlier in the post? Do I just show up holstered at Raymond and Green at 11AM?

Last edited:

Palecon

I'm interested in attending, and this will be first UOC event. I'll be coming alone, so I hope to meet some cool people. Anyone coming from the Northridge area and want to carpool?

Are we parking a lot the mentioned earlier in the post? Do I just show up holstered at Raymond and Green at 11AM?

Not necessary zeroG to park at R and G. Its convenient. You can UOC after you park as long as you of course are in the designated safe area. We will walk to Barney's 11:00 or meet there say 11:30 or so.

Hope that helps

Last edited:

ZeroG

Not necessary zeroG to park at R and G. Its convenient. You can UOC after you park as long as you of course are in the designated safe area. We will walk to Barney's 11:00 or meet there say 11:30 or so.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the additional information. I'm gonna try and make it!

hgreen

Event Update

I just received some news from one of our SBOC members in Pasadena.

I do not want to disclose exactly what happened here but I would HIGHLY ADVISE not all showing up at the same time as a large group here.
Since no one cleared this with the restaurant as a large group meeting having a large group show up all at the same time may have some negative consequences.

I STRONGLY URGE you all to show up as individual parties that happen to be open carrying and then we can just mingle once already seated individually.

Always bring recording/video equipment and have it ON AND RECORDING if you are OCing.

If there are any issues with the venue we have a backup that is OC friendly, but I will not post it here. You'll just have to find me at the event Saturday to find out where it is.

ZeroG

Wow, I wonder what happened. I guess I won't be attending as I have no desire to carry and eat in a restaurant alone for my first UOC. Maybe the next one will be more publicized or I can talk someone into going with me.
I just received some news from one of our SBOC members in Pasadena.

I do not want to disclose exactly what happened here but I would HIGHLY ADVISE not all showing up at the same time as a large group here.
Since no one cleared this with the restaurant as a large group meeting having a large group show up all at the same time may have some negative consequences.

I STRONGLY URGE you all to show up as individual parties that happen to be open carrying and then we can just mingle once already seated individually.

Always bring recording/video equipment and have it ON AND RECORDING if you are OCing.

If there are any issues with the venue we have a backup that is OC friendly, but I will not post it here. You'll just have to find me at the event Saturday to find out where it is.

hgreen

Wow, I wonder what happened. I guess I won't be attending as I have no desire to carry and eat in a restaurant alone for my first UOC. Maybe the next one will be more publicized or I can talk someone into going with me.

Not sure why just showing up on your own and meeting everyone once inside is such a burden? I said there is a backup location that I've confirmed is OC friendly to a group just down the block in the UNLIKELY event that Barney's does not allow group OC.

ZeroG

Not sure why just showing up on your own and meeting everyone once inside is such a burden? I said there is a backup location that I've confirmed is OC friendly to a group just down the block in the UNLIKELY event that Barney's does not allow group OC.

I was just under the impression that we were all going to eat separately, rather than just meet up at the restaurant.

ZeroG

Did you even click the link to the video?

The event happened today...

Oh crap.. I had it in my head that the event was on Sunday. :( I just thought the video you posted was from a previous event. Damn.... Glad there was a nice turnout though. I'll be at the March dinner meet for sure....

Last edited:

Palecon

Thx to all for showing up. Nice lunch, good walk.

HG, good job and thx for getting video up.

Special Thx to Barneys, we all appreciate your liberty minded disposition.

-p

Last edited:

hgreen

How did this policy against open carry come about?

The general manager there told people who were open carrying that they have a corporate policy against firearms in the business except by LEOs.

Oh, he also said he supports the 2nd amendment...

Last edited: