• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'd a new toy today

Deleted_User

Ani got herself a Bersa Thunder .380 W/ Crimson Trace. I was proud of her and happy to buy it for her. In response, she bought me this!!

0207112027.jpg

I LOVE MY WIFE!

Specs:
Beretta PX4 Storm .45 ACP (That's right folks, my FIRST 45!)
MANUFACTURER: Beretta USA
TYPE: Rotating-barrel semiauto
MAGAZINE CAPACITY: 9 and 10 (It came with one of each magazine)
BARREL LENGTH: 4 inches
OVERALL LENGTH: 7.625 inches
HEIGHT: 5.5 inches
WEIGHT: 28.5 ounces
PRICE: $569.

The secret to a successful marriage. The couple that shoots together, usually argues over who shot better! hehehe! Don't expect something philosophical from me

Last edited:

FMCDH

+1 on the choice of Crimson Trace grips.

Its mandatory for all my carry pistols, because when the **** hits the fan, its all about the accuracy. :cool:

Deleted_User

+1 on the choice of Crimson Trace grips.

Its mandatory for all my carry pistols, because when the **** hits the fan, its all about the accuracy. :cool:

It was important for me to make sure Ani's first gun had a Crimson Trace.

+ She is a new gun owner.
+ She has only fired a handful of times
+ She has a few issues acquiring the target.

This will help her build confidence, acquire faster, and in a SHTF scenario, she'll (maybe) out-shoot me!

Last edited:

FMCDH

It was important for me to make sure Ani's first gun had a Crimson Trace.

+ She is a new gun owner.
+ She has only fired a handful of times
+ She has a few issues acquiring the target.

This will help her build confidence, acquire faster, and in a SHTF scenario, she'll (maybe) out-shoot me!

Its certainly is a great training aid, but its just plain excellent to have under the stress of a SD situation.

I tend not to use it much at the range except to rapid fire with it from time to time, as it kinda feels like cheating.

I have no such hang-ups when my (or anothers) life is in the balance. ;)

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

I knew I shouldn't have left you alone @ Sportsmans. :lol:

If it works for you, that's all that's important.

Congrats for stepping up to a real caliber ;)

DEROS72

Great little pistol.I have one and bought one for my daughter. Goose and Ani came by this morning and along with Bookman did some shooting at Champiom prior to my surgery this afternoon.My doc after I came to told me he shoots there all the time.

Last edited:

amlevin

The secret to a successful marriage. The couple that shoots together, usually argues over who shot better! hehehe! Don't expect something philosophical from me

OR:

When each person in the marriage is armed they think twice before starting an argument. Kind of an extension of "An Armed Society is a Polite Society".

Trigger Dr

Bad thing for a new shooter as they tend to develop a dependence on the laser instead of learning breathing, trigger control, proper grip etc...
Great tool for one who has mastered the basics.

BigIrish

I agree with trig Dr

Im not a expert, but it makes logical pount as far as begining goes. The first hand gun I baught was a 4 inch EAA .357 and had it fitted with Houge w/laser. I went to Wade's and started shooting. A verny nice LEO who was there with his boy came over whwn I was reloading, and looking my target over ( mind you I was brand new to shooting) he gave me some basic pointers and most were things I had read and seen on youtube. He suggested getting "cumffy" with the basics before using the laser. It forced me to create a "musle memmorie" I have now switched from wheel guns to autos for daily carry. When I got my first auto (the FEG that's my avitar) and it being a blowback OS I found myself going back to the first time at the range w/ the nice officer! Just my 2 or 3 pennies.. Oh and I have REALLY been wanting to get that exact PX-4!!! Nice choice brother!

P.S. sorry for run-on sentences....first cup of coffe in progress... :)

FMCDH

But what do you do when the batteries go dead?

Umm...same as anyone else, iron sights and instinct.

(see post above about not training to rely on laser) :D

The chances of the laser dying a the exact time you need it is pretty slim considering the long runtimes they have, but stuff happens. I change the batteries in my carry grips once every year regardless.

Last edited:

FMCDH

Bad thing for a new shooter as they tend to develop a dependence on the laser instead of learning breathing, trigger control, proper grip etc...
Great tool for one who has mastered the basics.

Can't disagree with that.

I recommend them to anyone for carry as long as the install of them doesn't throw the shooting grip off (XD? Glock?), but certainly will warn new shooters away from using them to practice or train.

Thankfully, they all have an easy to use off switch. :cool:

Deleted_User

Can't disagree with that.

I recommend them to anyone for carry as long as the install of them doesn't throw the shooting grip off (XD? Glock?), but certainly will warn new shooters away from using them to practice or train.

Thankfully, they all have an easy to use off switch. :cool:

+2 Her range day starts with the laser OFF! We then will have some shooting with it. I must agree with Trigger and the above posters. Advice always welcome guys! Thanks

Deleted_User

SPLORK!!! That's hilarious.

No, but she has a brother that acts like a bitch! Does that count?

Last edited:
I must agree on my brother comment. Can anyone recommend something I can put on "the sights" so I can use them. I have a hard time focusing between them.

FMCDH

I must agree on my brother comment. Can anyone recommend something I can put on "the sights" so I can use them. I have a hard time focusing between them.

Try contrasting colors such as white rear, and another bright (neon type) color front.

Green/Yellow or Orange/Yellow seems to be somewhat popular among night sights for contrast.