Thread: Range Day 2/9/11 - The Marksman 3pm

Range Day 2/9/11 - The Marksman 3pm

I am taking Ani, My son, and 2 friends to the range on Wednesday. If anyone is in the area and wants to shoot up some paper, let me know. This is FREE rent a gun day. I will also have all our guns at the range for OCDO members that may wish to fire a .380, 9mm, or a .45 ACP.

Where: The Marksman 112th / Canyon (Behind Taco Del Mar)
    How much: $11 range fee, and $10 for the range safety orientation if you don't have a range card.
    When: Wednesday February 9th @ 1500L (3pm)
    Why: To make large holes in little paper targets

I look forward to seeing anyone who arrives. Coffee to follow across the street just because I'll need some! Starbucks @ 116th / Canyon

Thumbs up

Goose... I will do my best to be there! I shall install cable like no other in order to attend... worst comes to worse I will have my wife drop by and I shall show up for my "lunch" break. FTW!!!
    Last edited by DevinWKuska; 02-08-2011 at 12:55 AM.
    "So there I was between a rock and a hard place, when it hit me... What am I doing on this side of the rock?"

btt

It is now Ani, Johnathan (My son), myself, and a coworker. We are meeting @ my place @ 2:30 (1430L) and moving to The Marksman from there. If anyone is there, awesome. Otherwise anyone who knows where I live can meet here as well!

I am planning on being there. I will be done working at one, come home, grab a bite, change clothes, and I'll be on my way. I lost my range card for there so I called them. They will look up my name and make me a new one, free.

It will be good to see you guys, haven't seen you since before Christmas! And to see the new guns, of course!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

I will try my darndest to get off early to be there. Not sure if I'll be able to shoot but maybe I can record you shooting with my phone and post it to YouTube for you.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Pics, so it DID happen. From left to right ...

Ruby, Jt59, Ani, Goose, waynejr253 - My son took the picture

Not a bad range day. We even had time for coffee. An LEO came in as we were about to leave, PCSD, no issues.

Sorry Ruby, you blinked!
    Last edited by Deleted_User; 02-10-2011 at 01:46 AM.

I was amazed...took some practice shots and i thought it was time for a challange, 2nd time going to shoot guns and this was my test. what do you think?

~ i have found a new hobby ~

Quote Originally Posted by waynejr253 View Post
    I was amazed...took some practice shots and i thought it was time for a challange, 2nd time going to shoot guns and this was my test. what do you think?
    I think the holes you made with the pencil look like a 9mm shot. Well done!
    Last edited by Deleted_User; 02-09-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    I think the holes you made with the pencil look like a 9mm shot. Well done!
    your just mad because i shoot better than you
    ~ i have found a new hobby ~

Good afternoon shoot!

Ani got her gun...

Hmmm, sounds like a movie or something..
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Was a great day at the range. Thanks for coming out Ruby, JT, and Mike. we'll see you guys on saturday.