• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

protecting yourself at work

pooley

Better be careful though. If they are found to be innocent, then they can sue YOU for false arrest. And the state could charge you with kidnapping if the citizens arrest isn't justified (a friend was in the jury pool for a case where the defendant kept someone from leaving using a firearm).

Oh I'm not going to run around like Barney Fife screaming "Citizen's Arrest! Citizen's Arrest!" any time soon. :cool:

But it's still good stuff to know if the need arises. You see someone sprinting out of the 7/11 with a knife & a sack full of cash I'm gonna clothesline his butt & keep him there till the cops show up or the cashier explains that the guy really was just cleaning his fingernails after hitting the ATM when he realized he was late for Oprah

Last edited:

Cowboy_Rick

I would prefer to stay away from "Citizens Arrest" I would prefer "CASTLE DOCTRINE" or a photo of the individual hopefully committing a crime-makes real good evidence!

MKEgal

bushwacker said:
... just how legal is the gun that they have as it is anyway? we have rights to carry and they don't
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men [sic] are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights..."

So you're saying that the writers of the Declaration & Constitution really meant to say only American citizens have inalienable rights? There's a case in (IIRC) SD where a non-citizen is suing for a priviledge permit (carry permit) based on the fact that all people have those inalienable rights.

Now if you want to argue that those who have illegally entered the country are criminals, possibly felons, and posession of a firearm by a criminal (especially a felon) is a crime unto itself, there I'll agree with you.

pooley

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men [sic] are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights..."

So you're saying that the writers of the Declaration & Constitution really meant to say only American citizens have inalienable rights? There's a case in (IIRC) SD where a non-citizen is suing for a priviledge permit (carry permit) based on the fact that all people have those inalienable rights.

Now if you want to argue that those who have illegally entered the country are criminals, possibly felons, and posession of a firearm by a criminal (especially a felon) is a crime unto itself, there I'll agree with you.

I think that's what he was saying. Illegals, not just non-citizens in general.

CliffH

work does not want us to protect ourself but will not provide security I am starting to carry anyway just to many crazy people anyone else taking this risk of carrying on the job knowing that you could lose you job if so what the best place on your body to cc while at work so if you move in any direction it will not be seen

That would depend on a few variables, such as:

what clothing one normally wears at your work place

what kind of movement is required to perform the work

is there possible physical contact with others in the work area

are there any possible hazards in the work area

I'm just throwing out some ideas here; maybe a shoulder rig worn under a heavy shirt, ankle holster, a down the front of the pants holster (can't remember the name right now), or a conventional IWB holster under a heavy shirt.

pooley

It also depends a lot on your body type. I'm pretty slim, so I have a hard time CC'ing my 1911. What works best for me is high on the hip, an inch or so forward under a loose jacket. Just gotta watch out for wind blowing your jacket open & flashing everyone. Slightly forward keeps it from printing if I bend over or squat.

Summertime I carry my pocket pistol, a 2.5" bbl .357M.

Fisherman

It also depends a lot on your body type. I'm pretty slim, so I have a hard time CC'ing my 1911. What works best for me is high on the hip, an inch or so forward under a loose jacket. Just gotta watch out for wind blowing your jacket open & flashing everyone. Slightly forward keeps it from printing if I bend over or squat.

Summertime I carry my pocket pistol, a 2.5" bbl .357M.

I've got two holsters that can hide my 1911 but only one of them is comfortable right now because I have to lose some weight. One is the Silent Thunder from Tucker. This one is comfortable and I just tuck my shirt in over the gun and nobody can tell I have a full size 1911 on my hip. The other is a Smartcarry, worn at about 10 or 11 o'clock with the barrel going down the left pant leg. You can't tell I have the gun on but it's uncomfortable because I have to lose the belly. The hammer and grip safety poke me in the stomach.

Even if you get frisked while wearing the Smartcarry, they won't find the gun. Unless they're TSA agents. They like to feel up in that area. LOL

Last edited:

pooley

...The other is a Smartcarry, worn at about 10 or 11 o'clock with the barrel going down the left pant leg. You can't tell I have the gun on but it's uncomfortable because I have to lose the belly. The hammer and grip safety poke me in the stomach...

I may have to give that one a try. I've lost my 6-pack, but it's not quite a kegger yet. I still have my 6-pack, I just can't find it... :D

CliffH

I can't believe I forgot to mention pocket carry. That's the way I carry most often, a .38+P in my front pocket. An Uncle Mike's pocket holster with a rubber strip of rounds inserted in the holster alongside the barrel breaks up the outline so it's unrecognizable.

Jack House

If you wanna carry something bigger and you work at a place that allows it, you could wear cargo pants. It's like having a hidden drop leg holster. ;)

bushwacker

I maybe wrong but, I believe that the declaration is not the document that outlines the rights you would find that in the constitution, and what is the first line , the opening line , the line that tells for whom the document was written say... We the people of the united states , not we the people of europe, asia, africa, the united nations, or we the people of the world. So is what you are saying that you think illegals have the right to carry guns here ?

Last edited:

Cowboy_Rick

At the place where I work, A Major Airlines, the Company Policy is that they can search your vehicle at any time-if a Firearm is discovered then you are fired on the spot! This is a "WARRENTLESS" search, but because it is considered "COMPANY POLICY", then they can do this! Bills 681 and 321 will put an end to this! You see the Parking Lot is Company property ONLY when it suits them, if your vehicle is vandalized in any way, then they inform you that the parking lot is CITY PROPERTY, and NOT under their control! When it suits their need the parking lot once again becomes Company Property! If you aren't aware of the fact that TEXAS is really becoming dangerous, mainly because of the influx of ILLEGALS and the resulting way that this ADMNISTRATION is handling the problem then I am very sorry for you-If an ILLEGAL does anything to you or yours then you can expect to be informed that they can do NOTHING because the perpetrator is ILLEGALLY here-just happened to me. Last month I lost 3 horses-valued at $750,000, one was shot in the face and 2 were poisoned, but since the suspect is here ILLEGALLY the LEO's can do nothing about it or so they told me. All of the ILLEGALS still live in a TRAILOR up against my north fence. I have to sit on my back porch every evening with my MODEL '73 in hand, just to protect my investment and the lives of my horses. Now the last Daughters of "DASH FOR CASH, SECRETARIAT, and a son of RARE BRICK are no longer here!

OldCurlyWolf

At the place where I work, A Major Airlines, the Company Policy is that they can search your vehicle at any time-if a Firearm is discovered then you are fired on the spot! This is a "WARRENTLESS" search, but because it is considered "COMPANY POLICY", then they can do this! Bills 681 and 321 will put an end to this! You see the Parking Lot is Company property ONLY when it suits them, if your vehicle is vandalized in any way, then they inform you that the parking lot is CITY PROPERTY, and NOT under their control! When it suits their need the parking lot once again becomes Company Property! If you aren't aware of the fact that TEXAS is really becoming dangerous, mainly because of the influx of ILLEGALS and the resulting way that this ADMNISTRATION is handling the problem then I am very sorry for you-If an ILLEGAL does anything to you or yours then you can expect to be informed that they can do NOTHING because the perpetrator is ILLEGALLY here-just happened to me. Last month I lost 3 horses-valued at $750,000, one was shot in the face and 2 were poisoned, but since the suspect is here ILLEGALLY the LEO's can do nothing about it or so they told me. All of the ILLEGALS still live in a TRAILOR up against my north fence. I have to sit on my back porch every evening with my MODEL '73 in hand, just to protect my investment and the lives of my horses. Now the last Daughters of "DASH FOR CASH, SECRETARIAT, and a son of RARE BRICK are no longer here!

I hope you had them insured.

If a LEO told you they could do nothing because the perp was an illegal, He/She Lied or is very ignorant. If you were told they could do nothing without evidence, they were telling the truth.