• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

protecting yourself at work

matt dillon

work does not want us to protect ourself but will not provide security I am starting to carry anyway just to many crazy people anyone else taking this risk of carrying on the job knowing that you could lose you job if so what the best place on your body to cc while at work so if you move in any direction it will not be seen

MR Redenck

My service truck has a 12 gauge and a 1911 in it. At the shop I have a AR15, 2 more shotguns, and a handgun in the desk.
But I own the place... :lol:

bushwacker

welllll it's a matter of right and wrong , you go to work to make a living ....right? and you carry a gun to keep on living....right? if you lose your job you still have plenty of chances to get another one ...right? if you lose your life you still have a chance to get another one......wrong. nuff said

Last edited:

Alexandria

welllll it's a matter of right and wrong , you go to work to make a living ....right? and you carry a gun to keep on living....right? if you lose your job you still plenty of chances to get another one ...right? if you lose your life you still have a chance to get another one......wrong. nuff said

This exactly. It amazes me how many companies have policies set in place to deter employees from being able to defend their selves and possibly the establishment.

Jack House

This exactly. It amazes me how many companies have policies set in place to deter employees from being able to defend their selves and possibly the establishment.
Most places are not going to lose anything in a robbery that is worth more than a liability lawsuit if one of their employees accidentally(or intentionally) shoots an innocent bystander.

It's a money thing

Cowboy_Rick

I am not concerned about carry at work-I work in a secured area for a Major Airlines, other than employees the FAA are about the only one's that stop by. What I am concerned about is Protection to and from WORK-which, I know, is up to me. There are too many ILLEGAL MEXICANS in Texas and they carry all of the time and it is getting more dangerous by the day. I can't even go outside at night without my .45 near my side and I live northwest of Ft. Worth Texas.

Texas Pride

I am not concerned about carry at work-I work in a secured area for a Major Airlines, other than employees the FAA are about the only one's that stop by. What I am concerned about is Protection to and from WORK-which, I know, is up to me. There are too many ILLEGAL MEXICANS in Texas and they carry all of the time and it is getting more dangerous by the day. I can't even go outside at night without my .45 near my side and I live northwest of Ft. Worth Texas.

i hear you. i live north east dallas and we have the same problem and i always have my 45 on my side

bushwacker

well if tx ,az, nm ca. made it a felony to be here illegally then any citizen should be able to hold them for the athorities and if they have a gun there would be another reason for the police and people to nab them ....commission of felony while in possesion of firearm ..and just how legal is the gun that they have as it is anyway? we have rights to carry and they don't . which brings me to the question that I have asked elsewhere. does anyone have any information on what has become of the tx open carry petition?

pooley

well if tx ,az, nm ca. made it a felony to be here illegally then any citizen should be able to hold them for the athorities and if they have a gun there would be another reason for the police and people to nab them ....commission of felony while in possesion of firearm ..and just how legal is the gun that they have as it is anyway? we have rights to carry and they don't . which brings me to the question that I have asked elsewhere. does anyone have any information on what has become of the tx open carry petition?

1: Isn't it legal to detain someone even forcefully (without causing bodily harm) until LE arrives? I haven't looked it up in the statutes, so I don't know for sure.

2: I have googled & googled, haven't found any recent news articles about the OC petition. One thing of note however, there are a LOT of multiple signatures in that petition. Apparently people were signing & then refreshing, causing something similar to an accidental double-post in a forum. Not much, maybe 1-2% overall from the groups of names that I looked over, but that would still discredit it to some extent.

Last edited:

Fisherman

1: Isn't it legal to detain someone even forcefully (without causing bodily harm) until LE arrives? I haven't looked it up in the statutes, so I don't know for sure.

2: I have googled & googled, haven't found any recent news articles about the OC petition. One thing of note however, there are a LOT of multiple signatures in that petition. Apparently people were signing & then refreshing, causing something similar to an accidental double-post in a forum. Not much, maybe 1-2% overall from the groups of names that I looked over, but that would still discredit it to some extent.

I remember signing that thing a long time ago. Then months later I came across it somehow and forgot whether I signed this particular petition. When tried to sign it, I got an automatic message that said that I'd already signed. Maybe the software was upgraded after I signed the first time to avoid double signing.

bushwacker

I believe but not certian that when someone is committing a felony a citizen can involk citizens arrest therefore holding them there till athorities arrive if not then how can we hold them for police in the event of tresspassing, breaking and entering ( even if it's your neighbors house like the guy in pasadena did) or other felonys. this is worth checking into . however, more than likely the armed illegal is already committing a felony if he is in possession of a stolen or altered ( i.e. ground off serial numbers) firearm. The use of citizen arrest when and how doen't seem to be common knowlegde. Can anyone out there give us the facts about it?

Last edited:

pooley

I believe but not certian that when someone is committing a felony a citizen can involk citizens arrest therefore holding them there till athorities arrive if not then how can we hold them for police in the event of tresspassing, breaking and entering ( even if it's your neighbors house like the guy in pasadena did) or other felonys. this is worth checking into . however, more than likely the armed illegal is already committing a felony if he is in possession of a stolen or altered ( i.e. ground off serial numbers) firearm. The use of citizen arrest when and how doen't seem to be common knowlegde. Can anyone out there give us the facts about it?

Here we go...

20.02, Penal Code
Sec. 20.02. UNLAWFUL RESTRAINT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly restrains another person.
(b) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under this section that:
(1) the person restrained was a child younger than 14 years of age;
(2) the actor was a relative of the child; and
(3) the actor's sole intent was to assume lawful control of the child.
(c) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor, except that the offense is:
(1) a state jail felony if the person restrained was a child younger than 17 years of age; or
(2) a felony of the third degree if:
(A) the actor recklessly exposes the victim to a substantial risk of serious bodily injury;
(B) the actor restrains an individual the actor knows is a public servant while the public servant is lawfully discharging an official duty or in retaliation or on account of an exercise of official power or performance of an official duty as a public servant; or
(C) the actor while in custody restrains any other person.
(d) It is no offense to detain or move another under this section when it is for the purpose of effecting a lawful arrest or detaining an individual lawfully arrested.

billv

Here we go...

20.02, Penal Code
Sec. 20.02. UNLAWFUL RESTRAINT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly restrains another person.
(b) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under this section that:
(1) the person restrained was a child younger than 14 years of age;
(2) the actor was a relative of the child; and
(3) the actor's sole intent was to assume lawful control of the child.
(c) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor, except that the offense is:
(1) a state jail felony if the person restrained was a child younger than 17 years of age; or
(2) a felony of the third degree if:
(A) the actor recklessly exposes the victim to a substantial risk of serious bodily injury;
(B) the actor restrains an individual the actor knows is a public servant while the public servant is lawfully discharging an official duty or in retaliation or on account of an exercise of official power or performance of an official duty as a public servant; or
(C) the actor while in custody restrains any other person.
(d) It is no offense to detain or move another under this section when it is for the purpose of effecting a lawful arrest or detaining an individual lawfully arrested.

Better be careful though. If they are found to be innocent, then they can sue YOU for false arrest. And the state could charge you with kidnapping if the citizens arrest isn't justified (a friend was in the jury pool for a case where the defendant kept someone from leaving using a firearm).