• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Know your rights card

Lawful Aim

The card seems good on it's face but there could be more authority behind it. I would change it to a NOTICE stating that I reserve all rights, waiving none; I do not consent to any search or seizure nor any questions for cause; There is a fee for my time of $2500 (or whatever one feels their time is worth) per minute. Do you understand and wish to proceed or am I free to continue about my private affairs?
If the officer agrees or proceeds, one may bill him and proceed will collection efforts by; Notary presentment, Small claims (California has a $7500 limit and no attorneys may represent) or State/District court, etc.

Another NOTICE that may be expressed is from California Civil Code section 1708;
1708. Every person is bound, without contract, to abstain from
injuring the person or property of another, or infringing upon any of
his or her rights.

*Note - An unlawful seizure is an injury.