• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

President Regan saves a nurse with a 1911!!!

Johnsmith1521

So I just got done listening to GUNTALK and Tom Gresham had a recording of his father interviewing the president in the oval office...

Has the story goes, this happen to Regan when he was still a young man working has a news caster in Iowa. It was a late night and Regan was half a sleep when he heard a woman yell. He looked out his window to see a man holding up a nurse. He then went on to say that he grabbed his Colt 1911 pointed it out the window and told the man to go on his way... The man didn't see Regan, all he saw was the 1911, so the man turned and ran. After that he was nice enough to walk the nurse back to the nursing home she was working at...

I couldn't help but smile when hearing this story... This was way before he was even an actor...

Little funny fact o found out, President Regan and the 1911 were both born in the same year! I thought that was cool!

jbone

SNIP... Little funny fact o found out, President Regan and the 1911 were both born in the same year! I thought that was cool!

Also in 1911 the US sent 20,000 troops to Mexican border, on March 7th, hey wouldn’t that be a 100th year anniversary worth celebrating in replication.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
So I just got done listening to GUNTALK and Tom Gresham had a recording of his father interviewing the president in the oval office...

Has the story goes, this happen to Regan when he was still a young man working has a news caster in Iowa. It was a late night and Regan was half a sleep when he heard a woman yell. He looked out his window to see a man holding up a nurse. He then went on to say that he grabbed his Colt 1911 pointed it out the window and told the man to go on his way... The man didn't see Regan, all he saw was the 1911, so the man turned and ran. After that he was nice enough to walk the nurse back to the nursing home she was working at...

I couldn't help but smile when hearing this story... This was way before he was even an actor...

Little funny fact o found out, President Regan and the 1911 were both born in the same year! I thought that was cool!

This is a scene from a movie actor Ronald Regan was in... the title escapes me....