• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sorry State of Education of Sheriff Deputies

joeroket

No gun to the head for sure. It's probably more the starting "wage". Everett PD is currently advertising for an Officer with a starting "salary" of $4792/month and a "bump to over $6,000/mo after one year. Not too bad a starting wage. How many out here live on less? And with no pension to boot? Ditto for uniform allowance?

Wonder if this is a replacement for Troy Meade's position?

They always advertise. They test a minimum of every six months to keep their list fresh for when they do open a position. I have also noticed at least 4 different trainees in the past couple of weeks so they are definitely increasing the size of the force. I was talking to one of the old timers from SPD and my boy asked me how much they make. The officer said he knew of a few guys that were brining in $120,000 with the OT. I found http://lbloom.net/xsea09.html this website awhile back that has payroll lists from Seattle. Some of these guys are making some good money. They damn well be educated for the amount of money they are being payed.

Edgar

I have News

I got a message late on fryday asking that I contact a lieutent , name and direct phone # provided, on Monday. I just got off of an one houre long call that I wount bore you with all of it but gist of the conversation was. The lieutent was hopiing I had the names of the two officers that I spoke to as he wants to talk to both the officers and there comanding officer about the way this meating went down he also gave me the name and number of the atturney that the sheriff has hired to answer questions that thay and the public have concerning legal questions. It was a very good talk, there were two things that came up that were surprizing first was that when I left the messages I only gave my name and number and the sheriff contacted the lieutent in charge of the mountain detachment and told him to handel this personaly. Now to go back in time five years ago I stoped and lended ade to an officer in need of help and it turnded out to be a officer invalved shoting. As I was a witness I made shure the officer was not ingered and gave a statement to the investagation officers afterword ,now I had not goten a by my lieve or kiss my a** from the department at the time. But the sheriff rembered my name and wanted this handeld wright and that was why the lieutent called me, surprize surprize. The second thing was I shugested that the sheriff sholud offer a way for the public, both thouse of us that carry firearms and thouse that chouse not to, and the officers in our areas to come together and learn the laws that apply to bolth the armed citison and the police, as well as such things as the corect way to lend ade to an officer that will not endanger the cop or ourselfs. He informed me that the pierce county sheriff has some thing called the “Community Academy” http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/PC/abtus/ourorg/sheriff/academyinfo.htm that is free and gives among other things will give every one the chance to see what it is like to be a LEO and give us the chance to show them that we want to be apart of the fix and not the problem. I will be following this up with the person whos name I was given, also I will start a new thred titled chalange check it out as well.

amlevin

I got a message late on fryday asking that I contact a lieutent , name and direct phone # provided, on Monday. I just got off of an one houre long call that I wount bore you with all of it but gist of the conversation was. The lieutent was hopiing I had the names of the two officers that I spoke to as he wants to talk to both the officers and there comanding officer about the way this meating went down he also gave me the name and number of the atturney that the sheriff has hired to answer questions that thay and the public have concerning legal questions. It was a very good talk, there were two things that came up that were surprizing first was that when I left the messages I only gave my name and number and the sheriff contacted the lieutent in charge of the mountain detachment and told him to handel this personaly. Now to go back in time five years ago I stoped and lended ade to an officer in need of help and it turnded out to be a officer invalved shoting. As I was a witness I made shure the officer was not ingered and gave a statement to the investagation officers afterword ,now I had not goten a by my lieve or kiss my a** from the department at the time. But the sheriff rembered my name and wanted this handeld wright and that was why the lieutent called me, surprize surprize. The second thing was I shugested that the sheriff sholud offer a way for the public, both thouse of us that carry firearms and thouse that chouse not to, and the officers in our areas to come together and learn the laws that apply to bolth the armed citison and the police, as well as such things as the corect way to lend ade to an officer that will not endanger the cop or ourselfs. He informed me that the pierce county sheriff has some thing called the “Community Academy” http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/PC/abtus/ourorg/sheriff/academyinfo.htm that is free and gives among other things will give every one the chance to see what it is like to be a LEO and give us the chance to show them that we want to be apart of the fix and not the problem. I will be following this up with the person whos name I was given, also I will start a new thred titled chalange check it out as well.

Edgar-

Check this out http://www.iespell.com/

sudden valley gunner

Any of those work. I settled on Chrome as it's quicker than the others on my computer (or at least it seems quicker). I didn't care as much for firefox but that's just me.

Its also more secure.

And fire fox crashed my comp 3 times. At first I thought it was my kids forum he was on until I figured it out. I go Chrome, and it works good on my netbook too with it's limited memory and processing.

joeroket

What's interesting is that it uses some Microsoft security functions and runs them better than Vista/IE-x

Thats because the browser runs in a sandbox environment. The guys at Black Hat have said even if they hack into the browser using a security flaw in the browser they still have to find a way out of the sandbox by use of a exploit at the OS level. The majority of them said it is not worth the time and hassle.