• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stainless, Black or Green?

j4l

In AZ, no, folks are more accustomed to seeing OC than a lot of places. I carried there myself for 2 years-never had anyone seem to notice-which was fine with me.
Out here though, it's going to be a new thing to some folks,even if most folks are pro-gun, by and large,there's still going to be an adjustment period, I think.

Case in point, I was OC'ing in my front yard while cleaning some stuff up the other day. A vehicle passing by-(checking out a home for sale next door) stopped, and the driver asked me if I were a cop. I said, err. no, why?
He pointed at my .45 and said "you're carrying a gun, is that common here?" (plates on the car were from another county)
I said it's not commonly Open Carry here-YET, but it may become VERY common, come June, something you might want to start getting used to seing....

As I was wearing all-black at the time (Jeans, T-shirt),had my peice been all-black, I doubt he would have even noticed it, really, but who knows? Im inclined to think that the matte stainless caught his eye though...

Last edited:

j4l

..on second thought, I took a quick dash to the corner stop-n-rob, and neglected to take mine off this evening.. no one in the place, including one of two Sheriff's deputies getting coffee, even so much as glanced at it. The other deputy just glanced at it, made eye-contact, and nodded politely.

noname762

CDI Factor Means ???

Kansas - What about the CDI factor?

I am not familiar with the abbreviation CDI. Could someone tell me what that stands for please?

My CC piece is a parkerized 380 built to resemble a 1911. It is a no frills semi auto with stock grips. I carry it in a black nylon cross draw holster or a IWB rig.

Freedom First

Cdi

I am not familiar with the abbreviation CDI. Could someone tell me what that stands for please?

My CC piece is a parkerized 380 built to resemble a 1911. It is a no frills semi auto with stock grips. I carry it in a black nylon cross draw holster or a IWB rig.

Relates back to my Army days... CDI, Chicks Dig It. Now I am married with four kids and my wife digs it. So it's WDI factor today. And that is a good thing! :D

Dreamer

Glock 36--all black (but considering getting a full-size Glock, so I can get a stainless slide)

1911 (Para S-14.45)--Black frame, stainless slide, rosewood grips.

Walther P-22--OD frame and black slide...

What can I say, I'm an artist--I like colorful, shiny things...

ZO6Vettever

I like shiny, wife does too. Both are polished to a mirror shine. Very low maintenance to keep lookin' good. (Good if you like shiny that is)! Not for everybody but We like it. Cannot OC here in Florida yet but should be good to go July 1st. Now we need nicer holsters!

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 180