• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Landlord jailed on assault charges He was shooting at tenant as he was moving out

REDFIVE48

Really hard to understand the full story, but if the victim was truly a victim, seizing both his weapons is BS.

Northerner

Really hard to understand the full story, but if the victim was truly a victim, seizing both his weapons is BS.

Don't ever get into a shoot out, live, and not expect the investigation to include the seazing of weapons during the investigation. Always have a BUG at home. If their are no charges to Mr. Carswell, he should be able to carry a different gun or purchase for that matter.

I am not a lawyer nor play one on tv....

muccione

learn to aim.... had the tenant shot and killed the landlord is would have been self defense.... now there needs to be an investigation/court....

Spearhead

"The tenant then told deputies that London was out of bullets"

What a goof. Coming expecting a gunfight and not bringing any extra rounds. Surprised he's lived 66 years.

Regardless, sounds like a good charge to me.

Why did the tenant ditch the gun in the briar patch? It was clearly self-defense. Stolen gun? Prohibited from possessing?

Last edited:

REDFIVE48

"The tenant then told deputies that London was out of bullets"

What a goof. Coming expecting a gunfight and not bringing any extra rounds. Surprised he's lived 66 years.

Regardless, sounds like a good charge to me.

Why did the tenant ditch the gun in the briar patch? It was clearly self-defense. Stolen gun? Prohibited from possessing?

Landlord told the officer he ditched the gun in briar patch, while the tenant told the officer the landlord gave the weapon to a relative. Tenant got his gun confiscated by popo

Last edited: