Thread: Constitutional Carry Questions???

Constitutional Carry Questions???

today three states have it, Alaska, Arizona, and Vermont!
    right now, three states are trying to get it, Wisconsin, Utah, and Colorado!
    their may be others im not remembering.

WHY isnt Washington trying to pass a constitutional carry law????
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    today three states have it, Alaska, Arizona, and Vermont!
    right now, three states are trying to get it, Wisconsin, Utah, and Colorado!
    their may be others im not remembering.

WHY isnt Washington trying to pass a constitutional carry law????
    Nobody introduced a bill.

Good project for next session. Work up some support from Representatives and Senators, Get a bill introduced, and keep some pressure on to get it passed.

Hard to get a "pro-2A" bill through the Legislature when there are so many financial issues on the table right now. The current session is trying to fix a big hole in the current budget and will see another "5 billion or so monster" facing them in the next. All this with an Initiative that prohibits them from raising fees and taxes without either a 2/3 majority vote or a vote of the people.

It's kind of like trying to shake someone's hand while an elephant is standing on their foot. They're too busy trying to push the animal off and don't have a free hand for you.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Many "pro-gun" folks and organizations are not necessarily in favor of it either.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

well,,,

where is my rhetorical question emoticon?? is it this?

we in washington may be too comfortable with our "shall issue" CPL.
    last year the thune amendment got crashed because of our two liberal nays!
    i wish that universal recognition could come around again.
    i wish more liberty could be proposed.
    i wish that law makers in our state and country
    would become law repealers!
    their are too many ways for law abiding citizens to become unlawfully abiding citizens!!!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Several reasons:

House - Democrat Controlled
    Senate - Democrat Controlled
    Governor - Democrat
    Citizens - Mostly Liberal in the most populated counties

It would be great, and essentially a miracle if Constitutional Carry could happen under these circumstances, but the fact is, it never has.

I fear the state government would need to change drastically for this to ever happen, but I continue to bug my state reps about it each year regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    where is my rhetorical question emoticon?? is it this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i wish that law makers in our state and country
    would become law repealers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Considering that every 20-25 years we have a new "generation" sort of directing our politics, maybe we should have a sunset clause in all laws of 25 years. Once a law is passed it has a maximum life of 25 years and then it has to be revisited by the Legislature. If it meets the needs of the current society it could be extended only by a 2/3 majority vote of the people. If it doesn't pass, it gets removed from the books.

By then it should be clear if the law was effective or it it should just go away.

Just an idea.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by FMCDH View Post
    Several reasons:

Governor - Democrat

It would be great, and essentially a miracle if Constitutional Carry could happen under these circumstances, but the fact is, it never has.

I fear the state government would need to change drastically for this to ever happen, but I continue to bug my state reps about it each year regardless.
    What he said.

I'd love it, but I don't see it happening around here any time soon. Especially with all the dead WA LEOs in the last few months. Y'know, cuz that's all the fault of us violent gun-toting right-wing nutjobs.

I think eastern WA breaking off to form its own state is more likely at this point (ain't gonna happen neither.)
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Cascadia!!!

::Sighs...::

Man, dumping Pugetopia and Spokaloo out of the equation would really set us up for some truly awesome freedom here in Washington State. But, it'll never happen barring a huge natural disaster... (Cue up ominous music with a nice picture of Mt. Rainer...)

I have really been struggling with the futility of working within the "system" as it exists. Red and Blue battling for the foreseeable future while ignoring the will of the people... Jeeze. What a waste of energy.

Oh well, it'll end someday.
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

Honestly it is surprising to me how liberal our gun laws are considering the make up of our state government.

I want Orignal Rights, not liberal gun laws...

Washington's gun laws are a result of resisting changes to the system as designed, no matter how innocent or well intentioned they may seem.

"Towards the preservation of your government, and the permanency of your present happy state, it is requisite, not only that you steadily discountenance irregular oppositions to its acknowledged authority, but also that you resist with care the spirit of innovation upon its principles, however specious the pretexts. One method of assault may be to effect, in the forms of the constitution, alterations, which will impair the energy of the system, and thus to undermine what cannot be directly overthrown. "
    George Washington, Farewell Address

We have lost some of the original energy regarding 2A and 1/24 through some people's "good" intentions. We must be firm to resist any change away from the original Right or it may be lost completely. Ol' GW knew some stuff, maybe we should listen.
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Once a law is passed it has a maximum life of 25 years and then it has to be revisited by the Legislature. If it meets the needs of the current society it could be extended only by a 2/3 majority vote of the people. If it doesn't pass, it gets removed from the books.

By then it should be clear if the law was effective or it it should just go away.

Just an idea.
    You mean I would then be able to carry that ice cream cone in my back pocket again ???

Ice Cream!

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    You mean I would then be able to carry that ice cream cone in my back pocket again ???
    Yes Sir. I'm wondering how few folks will understand that reference you dug up there. God bless Olympia!?!

Freedom First 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom First View Post
    Yes Sir. I'm wondering how few folks will understand that reference you dug up there. God bless Olympia!?!
    I'll bite, um.... wtf??
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

No worries...

Just old laws on the books all across the country. Spitting on the sidewalk, having a cold in public, riding your horse on stairs are just a few.

A 25 year sunset would clear the books of stupid laws once they have aged and become useless. Personally I think 10 years would be better. Or an overall limit on the total number of laws. Or a test for the State's laws, i.e. if a 73 year old lady cannot carry a hard copy of the RCW on 8.5" by 11" paper with 12 point print, it must be thrown out and they would have to start over!

Wouldn't that be fun?

Freedom First 1775

I propose a shorter period. 2 years no visible "effect" gone, if seems to have some effect then move to 10. But now we would have debates on what really affected the effects.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post

I think eastern WA breaking off to form its own state is more likely at this point (ain't gonna happen neither.)
    We're working on that over here.... I'd like to see washington and oregon east of the cascades form a new state. Ya'll can keep the I-5 corridor over there and join with the Portland area...

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    It would be better to just put a chain link fence around Seattle and let it be it's own State, County, and City. All rolled up into one entity that could only screw with itself.

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    Yes, and also, if you lived in Auburn you would be able to "deflower a virgin, regardless of marital status" without facing 5 years in prison.

As if there are any left in Auburn.

Pugetopian Metroplex...

It would be better to just put a chain link fence around Seattle and let it be it's own State, County, and City. All rolled up into one entity that could only screw with itself.
    Back as a kid, many moons ago, I played a game called Shadowrun set in the Seattle Metroplex around 2050. Turns out the local indian tribes had pretty much walled it off and claimed the rest of the Northwest for themselves. Maybe we should take a run at it. Worked in the game...

But, somehow they made all the Cascade volcanoes erupt at once as a political statement... I've been trying on my own but no luck so far. Oh well, back at it!

/Doing the ash cloud dance/

Freedom First 1775

Quote Originally Posted by FMCDH View Post
    Several reasons:

Governor - Democrat

You hit the nail on the head as we can see very slow moving if moving at all current bills for firearms due to mainly Judiciary has democrats running it and will not move many gun law bills move through.
    I was on the phone with them this week and was told if it was not already on the list for a hearing, then it will not be until next year.
    Last edited by BigDave; 02-11-2011 at 02:10 AM.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom First View Post
    But, somehow they made all the Cascade volcanoes erupt at once as a political statement... I've been trying on my own but no luck so far. Oh well, back at it!

/
    I'll have to ask my family maybe there is a special dance and drum.

Mt. Rainer is the wife of Mt. Baker (Komo Kulshan) according to local legend.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I'll have to ask my family maybe there is a special dance and drum.

Mt. Rainer is the wife of Mt. Baker (Komo Kulshan) according to local legend.
    You sure it's not the other way around? With Baker being the wife? It seems to always be "steaming" just like my ex was.

You sure it's not the other way around? With Baker being the wife? It seems to always be "steaming" just like my ex was.
    Yea I know about ex's.

The legend goes that Mt. Rainer was jealous of the love Mt. Baker showed for his two daughters the 'twin sisters', she choose to put some distance between her and her husband.

Funny how many people will refer to the twin sisters without even knowing where that name originated.