• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry Questions???

1245A Defender

today three states have it, Alaska, Arizona, and Vermont!
right now, three states are trying to get it, Wisconsin, Utah, and Colorado!
their may be others im not remembering.

WHY isnt Washington trying to pass a constitutional carry law????

amlevin

today three states have it, Alaska, Arizona, and Vermont!
right now, three states are trying to get it, Wisconsin, Utah, and Colorado!
their may be others im not remembering.

WHY isnt Washington trying to pass a constitutional carry law????

Nobody introduced a bill.

Good project for next session. Work up some support from Representatives and Senators, Get a bill introduced, and keep some pressure on to get it passed.

Hard to get a "pro-2A" bill through the Legislature when there are so many financial issues on the table right now. The current session is trying to fix a big hole in the current budget and will see another "5 billion or so monster" facing them in the next. All this with an Initiative that prohibits them from raising fees and taxes without either a 2/3 majority vote or a vote of the people.

It's kind of like trying to shake someone's hand while an elephant is standing on their foot. They're too busy trying to push the animal off and don't have a free hand for you.

1245A Defender

well,,,

where is my rhetorical question emoticon?? is it this?:banghead::banghead::banghead:

we in washington may be too comfortable with our "shall issue" CPL.
last year the thune amendment got crashed because of our two liberal nays!
i wish that universal recognition could come around again.
i wish more liberty could be proposed.
i wish that law makers in our state and country
would become law repealers!
their are too many ways for law abiding citizens to become unlawfully abiding citizens!!!!

FMCDH

Several reasons:

House - Democrat Controlled
Senate - Democrat Controlled
Governor - Democrat
Citizens - Mostly Liberal in the most populated counties

It would be great, and essentially a miracle if Constitutional Carry could happen under these circumstances, but the fact is, it never has.

I fear the state government would need to change drastically for this to ever happen, but I continue to bug my state reps about it each year regardless.

amlevin

where is my rhetorical question emoticon?? is it this?:banghead::banghead::banghead:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i wish that law makers in our state and country
would become law repealers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Considering that every 20-25 years we have a new "generation" sort of directing our politics, maybe we should have a sunset clause in all laws of 25 years. Once a law is passed it has a maximum life of 25 years and then it has to be revisited by the Legislature. If it meets the needs of the current society it could be extended only by a 2/3 majority vote of the people. If it doesn't pass, it gets removed from the books.

By then it should be clear if the law was effective or it it should just go away.

Just an idea.

Metalhead47

Several reasons:

Governor - Democrat

It would be great, and essentially a miracle if Constitutional Carry could happen under these circumstances, but the fact is, it never has.

I fear the state government would need to change drastically for this to ever happen, but I continue to bug my state reps about it each year regardless.

What he said.

I'd love it, but I don't see it happening around here any time soon. Especially with all the dead WA LEOs in the last few months. Y'know, cuz that's all the fault of us violent gun-toting right-wing nutjobs.

I think eastern WA breaking off to form its own state is more likely at this point (ain't gonna happen neither.)

Freedom First

Cascadia!!!

::Sighs...::

Man, dumping Pugetopia and Spokaloo out of the equation would really set us up for some truly awesome freedom here in Washington State. But, it'll never happen barring a huge natural disaster... (Cue up ominous music with a nice picture of Mt. Rainer...)

I have really been struggling with the futility of working within the "system" as it exists. Red and Blue battling for the foreseeable future while ignoring the will of the people... Jeeze. What a waste of energy.

Oh well, it'll end someday.

Freedom First

I want Orignal Rights, not liberal gun laws...

Washington's gun laws are a result of resisting changes to the system as designed, no matter how innocent or well intentioned they may seem.

"Towards the preservation of your government, and the permanency of your present happy state, it is requisite, not only that you steadily discountenance irregular oppositions to its acknowledged authority, but also that you resist with care the spirit of innovation upon its principles, however specious the pretexts. One method of assault may be to effect, in the forms of the constitution, alterations, which will impair the energy of the system, and thus to undermine what cannot be directly overthrown. "
George Washington, Farewell Address

We have lost some of the original energy regarding 2A and 1/24 through some people's "good" intentions. We must be firm to resist any change away from the original Right or it may be lost completely. Ol' GW knew some stuff, maybe we should listen.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Once a law is passed it has a maximum life of 25 years and then it has to be revisited by the Legislature. If it meets the needs of the current society it could be extended only by a 2/3 majority vote of the people. If it doesn't pass, it gets removed from the books.

By then it should be clear if the law was effective or it it should just go away.

Just an idea.

You mean I would then be able to carry that ice cream cone in my back pocket again ???

Freedom First

No worries...

Just old laws on the books all across the country. Spitting on the sidewalk, having a cold in public, riding your horse on stairs are just a few.

A 25 year sunset would clear the books of stupid laws once they have aged and become useless. Personally I think 10 years would be better. Or an overall limit on the total number of laws. Or a test for the State's laws, i.e. if a 73 year old lady cannot carry a hard copy of the RCW on 8.5" by 11" paper with 12 point print, it must be thrown out and they would have to start over!

Wouldn't that be fun?

sudden valley gunner

I propose a shorter period. 2 years no visible "effect" gone, if seems to have some effect then move to 10. But now we would have debates on what really affected the effects.

Thor80

I think eastern WA breaking off to form its own state is more likely at this point (ain't gonna happen neither.)

We're working on that over here.... I'd like to see washington and oregon east of the cascades form a new state. Ya'll can keep the I-5 corridor over there and join with the Portland area... :D

Freedom First

Pugetopian Metroplex...

It would be better to just put a chain link fence around Seattle and let it be it's own State, County, and City. All rolled up into one entity that could only screw with itself.

Back as a kid, many moons ago, I played a game called Shadowrun set in the Seattle Metroplex around 2050. Turns out the local indian tribes had pretty much walled it off and claimed the rest of the Northwest for themselves. Maybe we should take a run at it. Worked in the game...

But, somehow they made all the Cascade volcanoes erupt at once as a political statement... I've been trying on my own but no luck so far. Oh well, back at it!

:banana::monkey:banana::monkey:banana: /Doing the ash cloud dance/

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Several reasons:

Governor - Democrat

You hit the nail on the head as we can see very slow moving if moving at all current bills for firearms due to mainly Judiciary has democrats running it and will not move many gun law bills move through.
I was on the phone with them this week and was told if it was not already on the list for a hearing, then it will not be until next year.

Last edited: