Thread: Ab8

Ab8

Assembly Bill 8 was introduced by Assemblyman Hambrick. This bill revises use of force law to include motor vehicles, no duty to retreat, and full civil immunity in the event of a justifiable homicide. It's currently in the Assembly Judiciary Committee.

How about a link.

AB-8 page

Bill Text pdf
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Here's the link to voice your opinion on bills that are being decided on in the current legislative session:

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/AppCF/Opinion/76th2011/Poll/

It would make NO Sense for Nevada..., a seemingly Pro-Gun State, to Opt not to Adopt this Important Legislation.

In Fact, I could have Sworn Nevada was already a 'Stand-Your-Ground' State, but, I was Mistaken.
    Last edited by aadvark; 02-09-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aadvark View Post
    It would make NO Sense for Nevada..., a seemingly Pro-Gun State, to Opt not to Adopt this Important Legislation.

In Fact, I could have Sworn Nevada was already a 'Stand-Your-Ground' State, but, I was Mistaken.
    NV is a "no duty to retreat" state. In fact, the legislative digest portion of AB8 reflects and cites this.

Under existing case law, there is no duty to retreat before using deadly force if
    2 the person using deadly force is not the original aggressor and reasonably believes
    3 that he or she is about to be killed or seriously injured. (Culverson v. State, 106
    4 Nev. 484 (1990))
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    NV is a "no duty to retreat" state. In fact, the legislative digest portion of AB8 reflects and cites this.
    That's just case law though, which is good, but having it in the NRS would be better.

Sorry for not posting the link in the OP, my oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by njeske View Post
    That's just case law though, which is good, but having it in the NRS would be better.
    Of course, without question. My only statement was with regards to "stand your ground" or "no duty to retreat."

And, here is a link to a recent conversation and the references I found then.

Is NV a "Stand your Ground" state?
    Last edited by wrightme; 02-09-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Don't forget SB 126

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    Don't forget SB 126
    He didn't forget. - his thread on SB126
    Last edited by wrightme; 02-09-2011 at 04:19 PM.