• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ab8

njeske

Assembly Bill 8 was introduced by Assemblyman Hambrick. This bill revises use of force law to include motor vehicles, no duty to retreat, and full civil immunity in the event of a justifiable homicide. It's currently in the Assembly Judiciary Committee.

aadvark

It would make NO Sense for Nevada..., a seemingly Pro-Gun State, to Opt not to Adopt this Important Legislation.

In Fact, I could have Sworn Nevada was already a 'Stand-Your-Ground' State, but, I was Mistaken.

Last edited:

wrightme

It would make NO Sense for Nevada..., a seemingly Pro-Gun State, to Opt not to Adopt this Important Legislation.

In Fact, I could have Sworn Nevada was already a 'Stand-Your-Ground' State, but, I was Mistaken.

NV is a "no duty to retreat" state. In fact, the legislative digest portion of AB8 reflects and cites this.

Under existing case law, there is no duty to retreat before using deadly force if
2 the person using deadly force is not the original aggressor and reasonably believes
3 that he or she is about to be killed or seriously injured. (Culverson v. State, 106
4 Nev. 484 (1990))