• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hit This Poll

MKEgal

Do you consider yourself for or against stricter gun legislation?
Well, assuming that he means stricter in the sense of even more controlling and repressive, I'm very much against it.
Stricter in the sense of no, the gov't really can't infringe on our rights, No Matter What, I'd be all for.

Currently the poll is running 189 "very much against" to 4 "very much for".

Freedom First

Just visited...

I tried to leave him a nice comment but I think his blog is busted... These are the folks that need to be talked to and reasoned with in an effort to soften the indoctrination they have received. Gun ban, gun control, gun free zones, etc. have all been shown to be at best ineffective and at worst, a tool of tyrants.

eye95

Since Baldr decided to shut down his poll (due to the numbers not going in his favor), I would like to invite everyone to this mirror: http://www.wallsofthecity.net/2011/02/in-the-interests-of-honesty.html

Same question, same answers, but a few small differences in how the poll will be handled :).

Yeah, he won't take his ball and go home if the poll doesn't go his way. He is even pleading with the antis to do their damnedest. So far his results mirror the taken-down poll.

buster81

Ha Ha. http://newtrajectory.blogspot.com/

Results From My Quick Poll

Yesterday I posted a simple poll on this blog. In the poll, I asked, "I'd like to get an idea about the philosophy of visitors here: Do you consider yourself for or against stricter gun legislation?" And, boy, was there a response! Thank you for responding.

Here is the final tally at the time I posted this: (out of 600 votes)
Very much for stricter legislation: 10 (1%)
Somewhat for stricter legislation: 2 (<1%)
I could go either way: 0 (0%)
Somewhat against stricter legislation: 1 (<1%)
Very much against stricter legislation: 586 (97%)
No opinion, but thought I'd like to have my vote counted: 0 (0%)

I love it when he gets to this part:

Well, I should come clean and admit something. My intention wasn't really to find out what percent of visitors were pro-gun or pro-control (truthfully, I think most are pro-gun since most comments and trackback links come from them). My intention was actually to test the ethics of the pro-gun folks. But I figured I'd give you the chance.

You see, guys, if you had been representing yourselves in an honest manner, the number of hits would have remained relatively constant from previous days, whatever the results from the poll. But if you instead put out the word on forums and tweets and such that there was a poll that needed to be overrun with responses from your side, hits would go way up and the results would be skewed. I figured that would be the case, but you far exceeded my expectations.

Now, before you call me a bigot and a liar (as you often do), let me show the evidence. On THIS and THIS pro-gun forums, "DanM" started a discussion with,

"This Ceasefire-Oregon weenie put a poll up on his blog's main page. Hit it hard!"

The readers didn't disappoint.

I did a coffee spit take when he says he is testing the ethics of pro-gun people. LOL

Last edited:

Linoge

Thanks for the support and votes everyone! Please keep spreading the word around - my goal is to achieve at least as many votes as Baldr claimed to ;).

rushcreek2

Even if this Anti claims web-bias, there IS A REASON for that bias.

More people - approximately 70% based upon overall polling research - disagree.

These weenies will never wise up until they are confronted with reality - themselves.

It ISN'T the guns that are killing people. It's the HANDS of anti-social, compassionless retrobates- that OPERATE the guns, the knives, the hammers, the baseball bats, and the automobiles that kill people.

The firearms that are so demonized by wanna-bee social engineers like this anti-blogger actually PREVENT VIOLENCE and crime.

Last edited:

bom1911

It ISN'T the guns that are killing people. It's the HANDS of anti-social, compassionless retrobates- that OPERATE the guns, the knives, the hammers, the baseball bats, and the automobiles that kill people.

+1. I can't imagine getting attacked by one of those retrobates. A morally corrupt d-bag in a 70's leisure suit scares me. ;)