• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chatham CO open range day is back! 2/19 or 2/26

Smith45acp

OK thats fine.

Does anyone coming have a .22 rifle/pistol that I can shoot (my ammo)? Mine has a spring missing (ordered, not supposed to come in until the monday after the range day), and my other guns are both expensive to shoot and hungry, lol.

I'm really hoping that my order gets in on Friday...

I'll bring my little mark I back out. It was jamming on me a lot a couple weeks ago though. Might just need a thorough cleaning.

elixin77

I'll bring my little mark I back out. It was jamming on me a lot a couple weeks ago though. Might just need a thorough cleaning.

Good news! The tracking just got updated, and I should have everything I ordered in my hands tomorrow. Which is good, because now I can shoot my 22 all day long, and have no qualms about shooting my other stuff, lol

elixin77

hot damn! i got my rifle fixed :)

Now I can shoot 22LR all day long and have no qualms about it :banana::monkey:banana::monkey:banana::monkey

RoadKing

I wouldn't mind getting some pistol shooting in, as I know I needs the practice.

Might want to sight in a rifle or two as well. As long as y'all wouldn't mind an older guy hangin out and maybe learnin me some of the latest stuff.....

I believe either day would work for me, but I'm working on getting me a kitchen pass, and will know more tomorrow.

RK

sultan62

I wouldn't mind getting some pistol shooting in, as I know I needs the practice.

Might want to sight in a rifle or two as well. As long as y'all wouldn't mind an older guy hangin out and maybe learnin me some of the latest stuff.....

I believe either day would work for me, but I'm working on getting me a kitchen pass, and will know more tomorrow.

RK

I believe they've got all the people they can accommodate for this one. I was hoping to be able to make it as well, but I'm just gonna have to wait for the next time.

RoadKing

Sultan,
Thanks, I just read trough the other messages and noticed that. I've missed before and so when I saw it posted I simply replies, hoping I was in the top ten.....Next time.
Thanks again,
RK

Smith45acp

For those who have committed, I will send a PM out this evening with all the details.

Smith45acp

Sultan, Roadking - Give me just a couple of weeks and I'll make sure you two are able to come out even if no one else can!

Smith45acp

^ Definitely

I just sent a PM to all who have said they're coming out. If you didn't get it let me know.

elixin77

Dreamer, Matt, and I will be carpooling together. We should be leaving my place about 10am, and that should get us there at noon, provided Dreamer puts his cruise control on (lol :banana:).

What type of food establishments are nearby, so we can grab some grub before we get there?

JDriver1.8t

Looks like about 2.5 hour drive for me, so I'll be leaving about 9:15 to make sure I get there on time.
Need to see if I can take the wife's jeep. It is a jeep, and should handle any road quality, and my car is a lowered 2 door with zero ground clearance.
Additionally, her jeep will hold the gun cases and ammo better.

Here is my checklist, which may be useful for other people to take as well.
I'm planning on bringing:
3 Glocks
1 Shotgun
1 revolver
2 ARs
1 Mosin Nagant
Tons of ammo in .22, .223, .38. 9mm, .40, 7.62x54R, .45, bird shot
Paper targets
Tape
target stand/holder
Bottled water
snacks
folding chair

M

mattwestm

I'm bringing along:
Mosin Nagant
CZ-75
AK-74
maybe one more handgun
50 rounds of 7.62x54R
100 of .45ACP
100 of 9mm
300 rounds of 5.45x39
Paper targets
Digital camera

I'm also debating bring my Mauser, but I hate cleaning after corrosive ammo. We've got to have some kind of Mosin Nagant shoot-off since a few of us are bring our 91/30s. Also, does anyone have a staple gun; it might come in handy for the paper targets. Is there anything we can attach the targets to? I plan on shooting steel with pistols, but we need paper for rifles.

Smith45acp

Matt I forgot to add that I will have a staple gun. I'm also building some stands this afternoon that we can pin targets against.

Also I'd love to shoot a few rounds through your CZ. I've always been interested in those and never had an opportunity to shoot one.

There isn't much in the way of food once you get close to this place. If you're coming from Greenville, the Gorman St Exit (#295 off the inner beltline) has a Subway which is what I like, and then once you hit US 1 South the first 3-4 exits will have a wide selection, just pick something before passing exit # 95, it's the last one with much to offer I believe.

elixin77

I'm bringing:
1911- about 175 rounds
91/30 - about 60
marlin glenfield 60 - a lot of ammo (around 800)
mini 14 - about 250
the mossberg 590a1 is a maybe, depends on finances for ammo purchase
whirly targets for 22
gallon jug of water

M

mattwestm

Matt I forgot to add that I will have a staple gun. I'm also building some stands this afternoon that we can pin targets against.

Also I'd love to shoot a few rounds through your CZ. I've always been interested in those and never had an opportunity to shoot one.

There isn't much in the way of food once you get close to this place. If you're coming from Greenville, the Gorman St Exit (#295 off the inner beltline) has a Subway which is what I like, and then once you hit US 1 South the first 3-4 exits will have a wide selection, just pick something before passing exit # 95, it's the last one with much to offer I believe.

No problem. I love my CZ. It's probably my favorite 9mm. Smaller and more accurate than my Beretta 92. CZ makes some real gems. I've got a CZ-82 in 9x18 Makarov also.

JDriver1.8t

I see you guys putting the ammo quantity, so I'll add what I think I will be bringing:
.38- 50
.45- 100
.40- 400
9mm- 300
.223- 300+
7.62x54- 800
12g- 175

Total: 2125 rounds, or so.

Last edited: