Thread: Mayor will "probably leave" if someone OC into thier meeting

Mayor will "probably leave" if someone OC into thier meeting

SNIP

For a brief moment Monday night, there was an honest discussion by the Harbor Springs city council about what would happen if someone walked into the city hall during a meeting with a gun holstered on their belt.

SNIP

This all comes out because the city of Harbor Springs has been reviewing several of its codes to bring them into compliance, including expanding an evening curfew for teens a few weeks ago.

Many on the Harbor Springs City Council seemed uneasy with the proposition of having someone bringing a gun to a public meeting, especially when they are unarmed.

"If someone walks in with a pistol in a holster, that is open carry, and it is probably legal," attorney Ramer said. "In my view it is absurd, but it is the law."

Mayor Al Dika replied, "I'd probably leave."

http://articles.petoskeynews.com/201...-dika_27328420

Good riddance. Don't let the door hit you in the kiester on the way out...

If he leaves, then no "official" business gets done. As a taxpayer, I prefer government that accomplishes nothing. Never though about OC as a means of cutting spending but it just might work...
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom First View Post
    Never though about OC as a means of cutting spending but it just might work...
    I like the way you think!

Banned
    He has rights too, if OC makes him uncomfortable, then its up to him to do something about it. Therefore, let him use those rights by getting some training, then buying himself a handgun with a high enough capacity magazine to defend himself if it becomes necessary.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    He has rights too,...
    Does he? He's a politician.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Interesting... the attorney thinks what is legal is "absurd" and the Mayor will pitch a hissy fit and leave a meeting that has a citizen behaving in a perfectly legal manner in attendance. And these people think we are the idiots?
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Banned
    Somebody really needs to show up for this one. Get video!