• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mayor will "probably leave" if someone OC into thier meeting

detroit_fan

SNIP

For a brief moment Monday night, there was an honest discussion by the Harbor Springs city council about what would happen if someone walked into the city hall during a meeting with a gun holstered on their belt.

SNIP

This all comes out because the city of Harbor Springs has been reviewing several of its codes to bring them into compliance, including expanding an evening curfew for teens a few weeks ago.

Many on the Harbor Springs City Council seemed uneasy with the proposition of having someone bringing a gun to a public meeting, especially when they are unarmed.

"If someone walks in with a pistol in a holster, that is open carry, and it is probably legal," attorney Ramer said. "In my view it is absurd, but it is the law."

Mayor Al Dika replied, "I'd probably leave."

http://articles.petoskeynews.com/2011-02-08/mayor-al-dika_27328420

Freedom First

Good riddance. Don't let the door hit you in the kiester on the way out...

If he leaves, then no "official" business gets done. As a taxpayer, I prefer government that accomplishes nothing. Never though about OC as a means of cutting spending but it just might work...

stainless1911

Banned
He has rights too, if OC makes him uncomfortable, then its up to him to do something about it. Therefore, let him use those rights by getting some training, then buying himself a handgun with a high enough capacity magazine to defend himself if it becomes necessary.

B

Bikenut

Interesting... the attorney thinks what is legal is "absurd" and the Mayor will pitch a hissy fit and leave a meeting that has a citizen behaving in a perfectly legal manner in attendance. And these people think we are the idiots?