Thread: Open Carry in Boat

Louisville, Commonwealth of Kentucky, , USA

Open Carry in Boat

On a fishing forum that I frequent someone brought up a question. Is teh glove box on a boat considered a factory installed glove box? Does it fulfill teh requirements of the law that states that a firearm in a glove box is not considered concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by Walkeraviator View Post
    On a fishing forum that I frequent someone brought up a question. Is teh glove box on a boat considered a factory installed glove box? Does it fulfill teh requirements of the law that states that a firearm in a glove box is not considered concealed?
    This is a great question. I don't know exactly where the "glove box" is actually located on a boat but if it's in about the same location as in a car and not located where a center console is in a car, I'd tend to think that it would be but the law as it reads is ONLY pertaining to motor vehicles and not boats.

I'd think that this question would be more to do with the waterway laws and where they allow for a weapon to be stored on a boat. For instance, it is considered illegal by the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers to have a weapon around most dams in Kentucky. Their laws are odd.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE