• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting in Three Lakes, Wisconsin today

Cobbersmom

http://newsofthenorth.net/article/N...uspects_hunted_in_Three_Lakes_shooting/115391
TOWN OF THREE LAKES -- Police say a man was shot at his home in Three Lakes and two suspects are at large.
According to a press release, police said they received a 911 call at 9:43 a.m., Wednesday reporting a man had been shot at his residence.
The man, who was not identified, was transported to St. Mary's Hospital in Rhinelander and treated for undisclosed injuries.

Another site said police are looking for a white man and a black man. Good chance they might be from out of town since it's thought that the victim might be Donald Delponte. Ever hear of Weasels nightclub??? Whether the perps are connected with a stripper or not, just goes to show you there is no place safe.

Krusty

And some of my family members wonder why I carry in the house.

The "news" article says this man was shot and that he was being treated for undisclosed injuries. Today's media is truly going the route of the dinosaur!

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
For the people who are not aware "Three Lakes" Wisconsin was recently voted "The best city to live in for the entire country"

They had a huge celebration, buttloads of celebrities showed up, national news was present and covered the event and the award.

So hows that for the best city to live in?
Now here's the trick question, how many lakes are there in three lakes WI?

CalicoJack10

For the people who are not aware "Three Lakes" Wisconsin was recently voted "The best city to live in for the entire country"

They had a huge celebration, buttloads of celebrities showed up, national news was present and covered the event and the award.

So hows that for the best city to live in?
Now here's the trick question, how many lakes are there in three lakes WI?

That depends on what you consider teh borders of 3 lakes, it could be just Maple Lake, or that and toenline lake, or oif you wanna stretch it a bit I count like 50. lol

safcrkr

That depends on what you consider teh borders of 3 lakes, it could be just Maple Lake, or that and toenline lake, or oif you wanna stretch it a bit I count like 50. lol

From the Three Lakes web-site ....

"The town received it name after railroad surveyors attempted to run a straight line north through the timbered highlands. Instead, they came across a beautiful lake surrounded by virgin maple, and appropriately named it Maple Lake. The next lake encountered was bisected by the surveyed town line and hence was dubbed Town Line Lake. The final lake they encountered had a range line running along the west side so they named it Range Line Lake. As a result, the supply station born on the frustration of these surveyors was marked "3 Lakes". "3 Lakes" became a hub of activity as loggers came seeking the pine and hardwood forests, to be followed in time by pioneer farmers. "

The only lake that actually is within the city limits is Maple Lake, and it's not part of the "chain". The Three Lakes/Eagle River chain contains 28 interconnected lakes (largest chain in the world). 20 are considered to be on the Three Lakes side, 8 on the Eagle River side.... seperated by a dam with a boat lift. I live on one of the Eagle River lakes.

I've known the victim of the shooting for about 15 yrs., if it is as reported to be, Don. And yes he does own Weasels. Is there a connection? Not known yet, but if one of the perps is black, for the record, there's no black people living in Three Lakes that I'm aware of. Lived here 20 years, never seen any. So why would an out-of-towner just pick his house at random?

CalicoJack10

Either way, it sucks that something like this happened. I used to frequent Weasels when I was fresh out of the military, If "Don" was the one that was shot, I can only say that my impression of him is that he is very no BS and a likeable guy. I hope he is well, and I hope they catch the ****er's and hang em' no matter who the victem is.

safcrkr

It was the owner of Weasels that was shot. Don's a good guy, IMO. News at 5pm said it was an armed robbery at his home. He was shot in both legs.

I've heard several "rumors" today, about why this happened, but I won't repeat any here, nor elsewhere, because they're all just speculation and there's no facts. Because he did own a bar that deals with lots of cash, I do believe that he was specifically targeted and this was not just a random robbery.

Cobbersmom

Hey this is nice, more and more people from up nort getting involved with this forum. We should all get together sometime.
Anyway, like someone else said, lots of speculation. Had a detective stop by my office today and I tried to get some information even tho they're not directly involved. He said the same thing - speculation. But I didn't ask if Don was the one who was shot, instead I asked if they caught the guys that shot Delponte. He said no and Oneida and I assume, Three Lakes police were conducting lots of interviews. I still think it's connected to a stripper who would know if Don had cash or valuables around the house. Time will tell.
Disclaimer: I have never been to Weasels nor performed there. However I did eat a sandwich with my kids in the parking lot while we were traveling.

CalicoJack10

Hey this is nice, more and more people from up nort getting involved with this forum. We should all get together sometime.

The plan is to get an open carry night going this summer at The BBQ place in Minocqua. Where the old Baker's House used to be. It would be fun to do in the winter, but the truth is that it is just too frickin cold and they have had to cut back their hours for the winter like most places in town. I have been talking to the them about this off and on, and of course they love the idea, so I will let you know when we get something together.

As far as the shooting goes, this is just the latest in a string of what I think is criminals getting in all they can before they have to worry about getting shot for trying to rob or hurt people. The sooner we can defend ourselves and make the criminals nervious, the better off we are.

Trip20

The plan is to get an open carry night going this summer at The BBQ place in Minocqua.

If you can do it around lunch time I can swing up from Weston. I'm always riding up north on the bike and I like to get back towards home by dark (don't wanna smuck a deer). It would be great to meet everyone over some bbq.

Nutczak

The plan is to get an open carry night going this summer at The BBQ place in Minocqua. Where the old Baker's House used to be. It would be fun to do in the winter, but the truth is that it is just too frickin cold and they have had to cut back their hours for the winter like most places in town. I have been talking to the them about this off and on, and of course they love the idea, so I will let you know when we get something together.

As far as the shooting goes, this is just the latest in a string of what I think is criminals getting in all they can before they have to worry about getting shot for trying to rob or hurt people. The sooner we can defend ourselves and make the criminals nervious, the better off we are.

There's a BBQ place in Minocqua?? Oh yeah, I know where it is now. I heard the owner is a real nutcase though. He has to be with just letting anyone in "Brandishing" fully automatic assault pistols!

ya know, they may just sanp and start shooting up the place too.

(

Last edited:

CalicoJack10

There's a BBQ place in Minocqua?? Oh yeah, I know where it is now. I heard the owner is a real nutcase though. He has to be with just letting anyone in "Brandishing" fully automatic assault pistols!

ya know, they may just sanp and start shooting up the place too.

(

Are those the assault pistols with heat seeking bullets?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3kUD6W8QaQ

Nutczak

Harry, a co-worker was in your place last night and had the pulled pork. Said it was delicious.

We try. thanks for letting us know.
Until the fishing opener, we are only open on Th,Fri,Sat This last weekend was decent with people being downtown for cruiserfest. We may close for a few weeks when the road weight limits happen, you know as well as I do that the northwoods is deserted at that time, I may try to get down to TX for a week or so.