Thread: noob from tacoma/puyallup

noob from tacoma/puyallup

hello everybody, i was just at the range @ the marksman (Tacoma) with goose, ruby, jt59. i felt very welcomed and i will be meeting up with all of you very soon, unfortuantly i dont own a gun, but i am leaning towards the springfield xd-M 9mm. i was firing 2 different models and i loved the way it feels, so yeah moving on.

About myself, i am 24 years old, college student, and i am just getting into a new hobby.... guns. i thank you all for making me feel very welcomed. and i seem to amaze everybody when they watched me shoot... i amazed myself actually i have only shot twice and i seem to be very good. looking forward to meeting you all very soon.. untill then look out for my posts and teach me what i need to know. have a wonderful afternoon everybody

Hi Chewy!

Quote Originally Posted by waynejr253 View Post
    hello everybody, i was just at the range @ the marksman (Tacoma) with goose, ruby, jt59. i felt very welcomed and i will be meeting up with all of you very soon, unfortuantly i dont own a gun, but i am leaning towards the springfield xd-M 9mm. i was firing 2 different models and i loved the way it feels, so yeah moving on.

About myself, i am 24 years old, college student, and i am just getting into a new hobby.... guns. i thank you all for making me feel very welcomed. and i seem to amaze everybody when they watched me shoot... i amazed myself actually i have only shot twice and i seem to be very good. looking forward to meeting you all very soon.. untill then look out for my posts and teach me what i need to know. have a wonderful afternoon everybody
    Might I suggest few things. First, buy a real gun. Try a Beretta (j/k) Welcome to the forum Mike. Nice to have you aboard! You'll learn a TON here. Just remember ... PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!

Welcome to OCDO!

Welcome to the forum and OCDO, Wayne. It was nice to meet you at the Marksman. Please feel free to join us for breakfast and coffee in Federal Way on Saturday. Breakfast is at IHOP on Campus Drive at 9, coffee at Starbucks on 348th at 10. Come out and meet some more OCers and great people! Hope to see you there!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Thumbs up

Welcome!!!!
    "So there I was between a rock and a hard place, when it hit me... What am I doing on this side of the rock?"

thank you very much ruby but unfortuantly i am unable to make it this saturday....i work early in he mornings and dont get off till almost 3pm....maybe next time or something in the evening or on my days off (wednsday - thursday)
    ~ i have found a new hobby ~

Glad to see ya around here, Mike!

(Going to see you at the Scion M&G, Friday?)
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

• • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Glad to see ya around here, Mike!

(Going to see you at the Scion M&G, Friday?)
    yes i will be there....lol

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard and interested in furthering our rights. Just keep a thick skin, many of us here have strong opinions.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard and interested in furthering our rights. Just keep a thick skin, many of us here have strong opinions.
    i defantily understand...

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waynejr253 View Post
    i defantily understand...
    Than you will fit in great. Looking forward to meeting you at one of the meets.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Might I suggest few things. First, buy a real gun. Try a Beretta (j/k) Welcome to the forum Mike. Nice to have you aboard! You'll learn a TON here. Just remember ... PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!
    +1

(Buy a Sig)
    Live Free or Die!

will be picking up a gun soon

I'm a fan of the XD. I carry an XD 45.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Quote Originally Posted by .45ACPaddy View Post
    I'm a fan of the XD. I carry an XD 45.
    The best thing about an XD is that the holsters for an XD fit my Ruger P345.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Cool

Hello waynejr253!

Lacey/Olympia checkin' in...

Quote Originally Posted by blackmarine View Post
    In the past few months, I have personally seen not one, but two Sigs have malfunctions at an outdoor range.

Years ago I owned a P229 .40, it was a nice pistol that I rarely shot. Since then I have moved on to Glocks.

With all of the negative things said about Glock pistols, I can tell you that I have never had a failure with any of mine. This would include the use of reloads.

X
    Any pistol can fail if it's not maintained. Even Sigs. So far, my Sig P229 has been flawless. Enough rounds through it to have polished all the finish off the outside of the barrel. Best estimate is many thousands of rounds based on the two case of bullets (3750/ea) I go through each year.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"