• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

noob from tacoma/puyallup

waynejr253

hello everybody, i was just at the range @ the marksman (Tacoma) with goose, ruby, jt59. i felt very welcomed and i will be meeting up with all of you very soon, unfortuantly i dont own a gun, but i am leaning towards the springfield xd-M 9mm. i was firing 2 different models and i loved the way it feels, so yeah moving on.

About myself, i am 24 years old, college student, and i am just getting into a new hobby.... guns. i thank you all for making me feel very welcomed. and i seem to amaze everybody when they watched me shoot... i amazed myself actually i have only shot twice and i seem to be very good. looking forward to meeting you all very soon.. untill then look out for my posts and teach me what i need to know. have a wonderful afternoon everybody

Deleted_User

Hi Chewy!

hello everybody, i was just at the range @ the marksman (Tacoma) with goose, ruby, jt59. i felt very welcomed and i will be meeting up with all of you very soon, unfortuantly i dont own a gun, but i am leaning towards the springfield xd-M 9mm. i was firing 2 different models and i loved the way it feels, so yeah moving on.

About myself, i am 24 years old, college student, and i am just getting into a new hobby.... guns. i thank you all for making me feel very welcomed. and i seem to amaze everybody when they watched me shoot... i amazed myself actually i have only shot twice and i seem to be very good. looking forward to meeting you all very soon.. untill then look out for my posts and teach me what i need to know. have a wonderful afternoon everybody

Might I suggest few things. First, buy a real gun. Try a Beretta (j/k) Welcome to the forum Mike. Nice to have you aboard! You'll learn a TON here. Just remember ... PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!

Ruby

Welcome to OCDO!

Welcome to the forum and OCDO, Wayne. It was nice to meet you at the Marksman. Please feel free to join us for breakfast and coffee in Federal Way on Saturday. Breakfast is at IHOP on Campus Drive at 9, coffee at Starbucks on 348th at 10. Come out and meet some more OCers and great people! Hope to see you there!

waynejr253

thank you very much ruby but unfortuantly i am unable to make it this saturday....i work early in he mornings and dont get off till almost 3pm....maybe next time or something in the evening or on my days off (wednsday - thursday)

blackmarine

+1

(Buy a Sig)

In the past few months, I have personally seen not one, but two Sigs have malfunctions at an outdoor range.

Years ago I owned a P229 .40, it was a nice pistol that I rarely shot. Since then I have moved on to Glocks.

With all of the negative things said about Glock pistols, I can tell you that I have never had a failure with any of mine. This would include the use of reloads.

X

amlevin

In the past few months, I have personally seen not one, but two Sigs have malfunctions at an outdoor range.

Years ago I owned a P229 .40, it was a nice pistol that I rarely shot. Since then I have moved on to Glocks.

With all of the negative things said about Glock pistols, I can tell you that I have never had a failure with any of mine. This would include the use of reloads.

X
Any pistol can fail if it's not maintained. Even Sigs. So far, my Sig P229 has been flawless. Enough rounds through it to have polished all the finish off the outside of the barrel. Best estimate is many thousands of rounds based on the two case of bullets (3750/ea) I go through each year.