Thread: thats what i'm talking about

thats what i'm talking about

sorry if this ones been posted. i just seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7bGZ...eature=feedlik

Point blank with a 410 shot and still got away.boy somebody somewhere is hurting lol.good for her.

Quote Originally Posted by gunman View Post
    Point blank with a 410 shot and still got away.boy somebody somewhere is hurting lol.good for her.
    agreed I would hate to be shot by anything that goes BANG.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Damn momma! Hope the sorry POS that she hit died off somewhere.

Don't blank with a women, you never know what she is carrying. This goes out to all the scum bags who try to take control of women. I say thats one for the sister and zero for the low life piece of sh%t that tried to rob her.
    Capricorn

That's why I have my firearm with me at all times. Like a fire extinguisher, you never know when you will need it.
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

i sent our mayor a copy of this video and a note saying it's a good thing she wasn't in one of the cities parks; aka "gun free zones"

i would like to see a follow up of this story

she might have been using bird shot in it and that's why he didn't go to the hospital....

Regular Member ClevelandWheeler's Avatar
    awesome!

.410 from judge

Quote Originally Posted by js5439 View Post
    she might have been using bird shot in it and that's why he didn't go to the hospital....
    It doesn't really matter what she shot. The Judge lacks the ability to get any shot up to velocity.
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

.410 isnt birdshot...its made for the judge.

i need more that 5-6 shots. my 17+1 will do the job. thats 9 rounds a piece for them.

Quote Originally Posted by kylemoul View Post
    .410 isnt birdshot...its made for the judge.

i need more that 5-6 shots. my 17+1 will do the job. thats 9 rounds a piece for them.
    410 is a shotgun caliber for kids to hunt small game with, and it is almost always bird shot shells you find
    410 has been around for many more years than the judge

the judge is a gun designed to fire the 45colt and the 410 shotgun shell
    some people do load these guns with 00buck and other shots that they find online mostly but from what i have seen people with the judge load it with #6 bird shot

i thought the 410 was ment for the judge...hmm must have read wrong...

seems unproductive to shoot bird shot for self defense unless they have the 00 or something. she should of just got a 45

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom First View Post
    That's why I have my firearm with me at all times. Like a fire extinguisher, you never know when you will need it.
    As soon as I read this I got a chuckle........because I carry 3 fire extinguishers in my rig. I only carry one firearm tho I have 2 extra full mags plus an extra 50+ rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by js5439 View Post
    410 is a shotgun caliber for kids to hunt small game with, and it is almost always bird shot shells you find
    410 has been around for many more years than the judge

the judge is a gun designed to fire the 45colt and the 410 shotgun shell
    some people do load these guns with 00buck and other shots that they find online mostly but from what i have seen people with the judge load it with #6 bird shot
    Actually some people MISTAKENLY think a .410 shotgun is for kids. It is actually a shotgun that should be used only by experts. This is because of its' small load of shot and its' sparse pattern at anything more than 15 yards.

A proper shotgun for Kids starts at a 32 gauge (quite rare) goes through a 28 gauge (rare) and into a 20 gauge (quite common). I do believe if you were able to buy a shotgun anywhere in the world you would also be able to find 26 and 24 gauge shotguns.

Many experts will recommend the 28 gauge for anyone less than approximately 14 and a 20 gauge for older kids.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

then i guess thousands of kids are experts because they are using 410 shotguns to hunt small game
    as was i when i was little and were thousands maybe millions of people over the last century

In this picture of my mom you can see my Stephens .410, my 1st real gun, my 16 ga Ithica, dad's 12 ga Ithica vent rib and his varmint rifle. I started with the obligatory Daisy lever action and moved up to a Crossman .117 pump before I got the Stephens and then the 16 ga Ithica. That little .410 took many squirrels, game birds and a few rabbit in its day at my young hands!

Last edited by HeroHog; 03-10-2011 at 11:04 AM. Reason: forgot the picture!
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Regular Member Evil Tyler Durden's Avatar
    Crummy California the most unfair state in the union.
    See if this woman followed the Brady campaign she would probably have been killed by those 2. Too bad she wasn't able to get off another 4 shots in their asses when they were running away.

HOOOOOOORAY!!! for shooting a punk in the ass.
    Last edited by Evil Tyler Durden; 04-28-2011 at 03:02 AM.

The "Varmint Rifle" appears to be a Winchester Model 100. also somewhat rare depending on caliber. Do you remember what it is?

Sorry, off topic, but, curiosity got the best of me.

Sorry, I was 11 when that was taken and wasn't a true gun nut yet... I just liked shooting/hunting with my dad! I want to say .223 or a "Swift"... something along those lines. My mom died of cancer a few years later and we lost everything fighting her illness and it was sold somewhere along the way.
    Last edited by HeroHog; 05-03-2011 at 05:37 PM.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

I own a Taurus Judge W/ 6 1/2" barrel. Some "regular" .410 shotgun shells will not fit into the cylinder (brass to big of a diameter). There is actually a .410 (shotgun) shell made for pistols, it says right on the box .410 for pistols. I am at work now but will post a pic later...

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
    Actually some people MISTAKENLY think a .410 shotgun is for kids. It is actually a shotgun that should be used only by experts.
    That may very well be true today, but these days there's a lot more selection than what my grandfather had when he was a kid. Even that one was a hand-me-down when one of his older brothers went to work for the railroad. Their choice included a .22, .410, 20 gauge, and 12 gauge. His father owned the 12 gauge. One of his older brothers owned the 20 gauge. He got the .410, and one of his other older brothers kept his .22.

That's all they had, four firearms in a household of eleven folks.

Many experts will recommend the 28 gauge for anyone less than approximately 14 and a 20 gauge for older kids.
    I was eleven the first time I shot a 12 gauge, and I scored one better than my father shooting DTL trap. Boy, was my shoulder sore! You're right - that was too much for me at that age.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

The Judge, I have the "Public Defender" model, will shoot 45 "long colt" or .410 and you can mix and match. The rounds available are NOT just birdshot anymore.

Several factory rounds are available specifically for the Judge. One holds 000 buck and gives a decent (though small) spread at self defense ranges (remember the Judge has a very shot barrel so spread begins quite rapidly. I carried those rounds when I carried the Judge until PDX rounds came out. They consist of three copper plated disks with bb sized pellets behind them. Even better spread with the three disks remaining fairly close (but with some spread) and the bb's spreading out behind them for a little extra chance at "winging" an assailant (think take out an eye).

All that said, the barrels are simply too short to develop any kind of muzzle velocity as compared to the 45 "long colt" rounnd which is a superior pistol round.

I still carry the Judge, with PDX rounds and 45 "long colt" when I'm in the woods (good for snakes) but my daily carry is now an FN 5.7 with a spare mag (42 rounds of rifle ammunition in a lightweight, low recoil, high capacity (20+1 +20 in the spare) package.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.