• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

thats what i'm talking about

Ivan Sample

Don't blank with a women, you never know what she is carrying. This goes out to all the scum bags who try to take control of women. I say thats one for the sister and zero for the low life piece of sh%t that tried to rob her.

papa bear

i sent our mayor a copy of this video and a note saying it's a good thing she wasn't in one of the cities parks; aka "gun free zones"

i would like to see a follow up of this story

kylemoul

.410 isnt birdshot...its made for the judge.

i need more that 5-6 shots. my 17+1 will do the job. thats 9 rounds a piece for them.

js5439

.410 isnt birdshot...its made for the judge.

i need more that 5-6 shots. my 17+1 will do the job. thats 9 rounds a piece for them.

410 is a shotgun caliber for kids to hunt small game with, and it is almost always bird shot shells you find
410 has been around for many more years than the judge

the judge is a gun designed to fire the 45colt and the 410 shotgun shell
some people do load these guns with 00buck and other shots that they find online mostly but from what i have seen people with the judge load it with #6 bird shot

kylemoul

i thought the 410 was ment for the judge...hmm must have read wrong...

seems unproductive to shoot bird shot for self defense unless they have the 00 or something. she should of just got a 45

OldCurlyWolf

410 is a shotgun caliber for kids to hunt small game with, and it is almost always bird shot shells you find
410 has been around for many more years than the judge

the judge is a gun designed to fire the 45colt and the 410 shotgun shell
some people do load these guns with 00buck and other shots that they find online mostly but from what i have seen people with the judge load it with #6 bird shot

Actually some people MISTAKENLY think a .410 shotgun is for kids. It is actually a shotgun that should be used only by experts. This is because of its' small load of shot and its' sparse pattern at anything more than 15 yards.

A proper shotgun for Kids starts at a 32 gauge (quite rare) goes through a 28 gauge (rare) and into a 20 gauge (quite common). I do believe if you were able to buy a shotgun anywhere in the world you would also be able to find 26 and 24 gauge shotguns.

Many experts will recommend the 28 gauge for anyone less than approximately 14 and a 20 gauge for older kids.

js5439

then i guess thousands of kids are experts because they are using 410 shotguns to hunt small game
as was i when i was little and were thousands maybe millions of people over the last century

HeroHog

In this picture of my mom you can see my Stephens .410, my 1st real gun, my 16 ga Ithica, dad's 12 ga Ithica vent rib and his varmint rifle. I started with the obligatory Daisy lever action and moved up to a Crossman .117 pump before I got the Stephens and then the 16 ga Ithica. That little .410 took many squirrels, game birds and a few rabbit in its day at my young hands!

DeeMercer.jpg

Last edited:

carracer

The "Varmint Rifle" appears to be a Winchester Model 100. also somewhat rare depending on caliber. Do you remember what it is?

Sorry, off topic, but, curiosity got the best of me.

HeroHog

Sorry, I was 11 when that was taken and wasn't a true gun nut yet... I just liked shooting/hunting with my dad! I want to say .223 or a "Swift"... something along those lines. My mom died of cancer a few years later and we lost everything fighting her illness and it was sold somewhere along the way.

Last edited: