Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Local PD Once-Over, no eCheck

  1. #1
    Regular Member Rich Keagy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Riverside, California, USA
    Posts
    126

    Thumbs up Local PD Once-Over, no eCheck

    I had lunch with my lovely daughter recently at a great Mexican restaurant in downtown Riverside.
    UOC of course (or why would I be writing this).
    As she and I were leaving, a LEO having lunch there too just gave me a glance, smiled and said 'hi'.
    That's it. Cops don't miss seeing a 1911 on a skinny guy.
    It's my opinion that when an UOC-er is accompanied by a woman, local PD gives you a pass. It's just my theory and I don't think it applies to UOC gatherings of any size.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    18
    I agree. I UOC with my wife daily and have never been stopped in her presence. People/cops just perceive you as non-threatening if you're with a woman.
    When you're alone . . . why aren't you shooting everybody in the store?
    Last edited by XD5; 02-10-2011 at 01:21 AM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912

    Wink

    This might have a bit to do with that...

    FYI, haven't been stopped while UOCing in Riverside a single time since then. A little patience, education and courtesy goes a long way apparently.
    Last edited by demnogis; 02-10-2011 at 12:21 AM.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Born2Lose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PRK, East County San Diego
    Posts
    262
    When I'm with my wife and daughter no one even looks at me sideways. They are my "designated distractions". It might be because i have a hot wife and a cute daughter so the old people and women are distracted by my daughter and the men are distracted by my wife.

    EDIT: I'm sure GunDude would "profile" her anytime!
    Last edited by Born2Lose; 02-10-2011 at 09:14 AM.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

  5. #5
    Regular Member DooFster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nellis AFB, Nevada
    Posts
    445
    It's pretty much the same when I'm walking around Vallejo. VPD doesn't do anything to me - they're actually impressed that I have the guts to walk downtown UOC and with all the so-called "gangsters" and other idiots. In their words: "...we won't bother you. We're all for what you are doing!"
    IT is better to have a gun on you and NOT need it, than to need a gun and NOT have it on you...

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Escondido, California, USA
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Lose View Post
    When I'm with my wife and daughter no one even looks at me sideways. They are my "designated distractions". It might be because i have a hot wife and a cute daughter so the old people and women are distracted by my daughter and the men are distracted by my wife.

    EDIT: I'm sure GunDude would "profile" her anytime!
    Cute daughter, you say?

  7. #7
    Regular Member Gundude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo County
    Posts
    1,691
    [QUOTE=Born2Lose;1464620]When I'm with my wife and daughter no one even looks at me sideways. They are my "designated distractions". It might be because i have a hot wife and a cute daughter so the old people and women are distracted by my daughter and the men are distracted by my wife.

    EDIT: I'm sure GunDude would "profile" her anytime![/QUOTE]

    You could bet the rent money on that.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Born2Lose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PRK, East County San Diego
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by pullnshoot25 View Post
    Cute daughter, you say?
    Yes but the 3 year old cute not the just turned 18 kind of cute.
    Last edited by Born2Lose; 02-10-2011 at 11:08 AM.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Riverside, ,
    Posts
    10
    With all the churches downtown I've always assumed some just had to be k-12 schools. I spent a lot of time downtown before moving a few weeks ago. Up in Hesperia for a short time while I buy a house back down the hill.

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Lose View Post
    Yes but the 3 year old cute not the just turned 18 kind of cute.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Escondido, California, USA
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Lose View Post
    Yes but the 3 year old cute not the just turned 18 kind of cute.
    Yeah, there is that, haha.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855
    Kind of the same thing happens in Free States. Of course, ours are loaded. And we don't have the commander of Starship Moonbeam for governor.
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 02-10-2011 at 04:10 PM.

  13. #13
    Regular Member DooFster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nellis AFB, Nevada
    Posts
    445
    What's Starship Moonbeam? (I know, off-topic, but I had to ask...I'm only 24 years old...)
    IT is better to have a gun on you and NOT need it, than to need a gun and NOT have it on you...

  14. #14
    Regular Member Born2Lose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PRK, East County San Diego
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by DooFster View Post
    What's Starship Moonbeam? (I know, off-topic, but I had to ask...I'm only 24 years old...)
    I'm 32 so it's before my time too but i listen to a lot of talk radio.

    Here's a page about it.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/we...nley.html?_r=1
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

  15. #15
    Regular Member ryanburbridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Long beach ca, , USA
    Posts
    299
    Ha the three police encounters I've had all went down with my wife by my side. I mostly carry when I have free time. If I have free time the wife and kids are with me. Guns drawn cuffs whole nine yards. Wife gets credit for my YouTube vid. She filmed it. It always comes down to the LEOs training. Come to Long Beach if you want an E-Check on the wild side.

    Carry on
    "If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

    James Taranto

  16. #16
    Regular Member Gundude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo County
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by DooFster View Post
    What's Starship Moonbeam? (I know, off-topic, but I had to ask...I'm only 24 years old...)
    Here is a link that explains how he got the nickname "moonbeam"

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/we...nley.html?_r=1
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Born2Lose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PRK, East County San Diego
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    Here is a link that explains how he got the nickname "moonbeam"

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/we...nley.html?_r=1
    Copycat! I beat you by 6 hours with the identical link.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Escondido, California, USA
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanburbridge View Post
    Ha the three police encounters I've had all went down with my wife by my side. I mostly carry when I have free time. If I have free time the wife and kids are with me. Guns drawn cuffs whole nine yards. Wife gets credit for my YouTube vid. She filmed it. It always comes down to the LEOs training. Come to Long Beach if you want an E-Check on the wild side.

    Carry on
    Competency and ability utilize thinking skills is another huge factor.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Gundude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo County
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Lose View Post
    Copycat! I beat you by 6 hours with the identical link.
    OOPS! Busted.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

  20. #20
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Lose View Post
    I'm 32 so it's before my time too but i listen to a lot of talk radio.

    Here's a page about it.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/we...nley.html?_r=1
    Growing up in Chicago suburbs, I loved reading Royko when he hammered "The MAYOR," the first Daley. He always had something on him and his corrupt administration. Of course, compared to his punk kid, Richard J. looks pretty good. Brown was called the 'Captain of Starship Moonbeam' by William Buckley, as well. What a twit.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •