• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local PD Once-Over, no eCheck

Rich Keagy

I had lunch with my lovely daughter recently at a great Mexican restaurant in downtown Riverside.
UOC of course (or why would I be writing this).
As she and I were leaving, a LEO having lunch there too just gave me a glance, smiled and said 'hi'.
That's it. Cops don't miss seeing a 1911 on a skinny guy.
It's my opinion that when an UOC-er is accompanied by a woman, local PD gives you a pass. It's just my theory and I don't think it applies to UOC gatherings of any size.

XD5

I agree. I UOC with my wife daily and have never been stopped in her presence. People/cops just perceive you as non-threatening if you're with a woman.
When you're alone . . . why aren't you shooting everybody in the store?

Last edited:

demnogis

This might have a bit to do with that...

FYI, haven't been stopped while UOCing in Riverside a single time since then. A little patience, education and courtesy goes a long way apparently.

Last edited:

Born2Lose

When I'm with my wife and daughter no one even looks at me sideways. They are my "designated distractions". It might be because i have a hot wife and a cute daughter so the old people and women are distracted by my daughter and the men are distracted by my wife. :lol:;)

EDIT: I'm sure GunDude would "profile" her anytime!

Last edited:

DooFster

It's pretty much the same when I'm walking around Vallejo. VPD doesn't do anything to me - they're actually impressed that I have the guts to walk downtown UOC and with all the so-called "gangsters" and other idiots. In their words: "...we won't bother you. We're all for what you are doing!"

pullnshoot25

When I'm with my wife and daughter no one even looks at me sideways. They are my "designated distractions". It might be because i have a hot wife and a cute daughter so the old people and women are distracted by my daughter and the men are distracted by my wife. :lol:;)

EDIT: I'm sure GunDude would "profile" her anytime!

Cute daughter, you say? ;)

Gundude

EDIT: I'm sure GunDude would "profile" her anytime![/QUOTE]

You could bet the rent money on that. :lol:

knucklehead

With all the churches downtown I've always assumed some just had to be k-12 schools. I spent a lot of time downtown before moving a few weeks ago. Up in Hesperia for a short time while I buy a house back down the hill.

Gunslinger

Kind of the same thing happens in Free States. Of course, ours are loaded. And we don't have the commander of Starship Moonbeam for governor.

Last edited:

ryanburbridge

Ha the three police encounters I've had all went down with my wife by my side. I mostly carry when I have free time. If I have free time the wife and kids are with me. Guns drawn cuffs whole nine yards. Wife gets credit for my YouTube vid. She filmed it. It always comes down to the LEOs training. Come to Long Beach if you want an E-Check on the wild side.

Carry on

pullnshoot25

Ha the three police encounters I've had all went down with my wife by my side. I mostly carry when I have free time. If I have free time the wife and kids are with me. Guns drawn cuffs whole nine yards. Wife gets credit for my YouTube vid. She filmed it. It always comes down to the LEOs training. Come to Long Beach if you want an E-Check on the wild side.

Carry on

Competency and ability utilize thinking skills is another huge factor.

Gunslinger

I'm 32 so it's before my time too but i listen to a lot of talk radio.

Here's a page about it.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/weekinreview/07mckinley.html?_r=1

Growing up in Chicago suburbs, I loved reading Royko when he hammered "The MAYOR," the first Daley. He always had something on him and his corrupt administration. Of course, compared to his punk kid, Richard J. looks pretty good. Brown was called the 'Captain of Starship Moonbeam' by William Buckley, as well. What a twit.