Thread: Private Sales

Private Sales

Sorry if I'm double posting, but I haven't seen a thread on this before for California.

But how do Private Sales work in California? I live in Arizona, but I used to live in Lemoore, California and was wondering if I were to move there again, (Not sure if I will), how would someone privately sell/buy a firearm privately? Are Bill of Sales required? Any form of paperwork need to be done through an FFL dealer? Or is it just straight up cash and exchange?

-Thanks
    "It's better to be the worst of the best than the best of the worst"

"If problems persist, you'll need to install Tannerite in your computer, and then we can troubleshoot it"

California requires private sales of firearms to go through a FFL....no cash and carry in CA.

Why would you move to a state with such debt and is swirling the bowl, and with strict, ineffective gun-laws.

The buyer and seller meet up at an FFL dealer, and spend about an hour doing paperwork.

The fee is paid for the DROS ($35) and the FFL dealer holds on to the weapon for 10 days.

Buyer picks up his new firearm and goes shooting with friends at the local range
    "I do not love the sword for its gleam, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory; I love only what they protect."
    — J.R.R. Tolkien

SBOC members get an amazing deal on FFL transfers, just $35...

http://www.southbayopencarry.org/businesses/

SBOC membership is only $15

Alright, I appreciate it! I've just always wondered how firearm transfers worked in California.

Another quick question, if I were to visit California, would I be able to open carry over there, let alone bring my firearm along even though I'm an Arizona resident? (Gun unloaded, 10rd magazine in mag pouch) I have alot of family in southern California and whenever I visit, I would essentially feel safer with my firearm with me. But if the law restricts me from doing so, then I won't do it.

"If problems persist, you'll need to install Tannerite in your computer, and then we can troubleshoot it"

Quote Originally Posted by lykwidtepp View Post
    Alright, I appreciate it! I've just always wondered how firearm transfers worked in California.

Another quick question, if I were to visit California, would I be able to open carry over there, let alone bring my firearm along even though I'm an Arizona resident? (Gun unloaded, 10rd magazine in mag pouch) I have alot of family in southern California and whenever I visit, I would essentially feel safer with my firearm with me. But if the law restricts me from doing so, then I won't do it.
    Beware of the "gun free school zones". You can't UOC within 1000 ft of any K-12 school.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

dangerous family

What is it about your family that makes you feel you need to arm yourself?

No no, I re-read my post, just worded wrong. Family is great, but the area they live in, (Filmore, California), is increasing in gang activity and more recently break-ins.

Friend, I was just kidding. I understood what you meant.
    You're cool. Family too.