• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed firearm permits

dadada

If they replaced any version of the words "carry a concealed firearm" with the words "receive welfare", then I might be for it, otherwise, F off whomever is behind that piece of crap.

END_THE_FED

The main question is "Where is the Constitutional Justification for this measure?...................

I bet you a buck that they will either say "commerce clause" or "necessary and proper clause".

That seems to be the ones they use the most when attempting to usurp rights from the states or the people.

Sooner or later the states are going to have to stand up against the Federal government and bind it once again to the chains of the constitution. If they continue to refuse to do so they will surely parish, and will become no more then simple jurisdictions of the same government.

sudden valley gunner

Hey it is difficult to receive welfare if you are a male who has worked his whole life and suddenly fell on bad times and need just a little assistance from the programs you paid into your whole life to carry you through.

amlevin

Hey it is difficult to receive welfare if you are a male who has worked his whole life and suddenly fell on bad times and need just a little assistance from the programs you paid into your whole life to carry you through.

Nah, it's easy. Just move in with some "single mom" who has 8 kids with 6 different fathers. Just make sure you're not there when the case worker visits. May sound absurd and "class bashing" but unfortunately it is a way of life for some.

The only people who are really hurt under the current approach to public assistance are those who have personal pride and a strong work ethic. Sit on you @$$ and the state will see to it your housed, fed, and health needs taken care of. Get a job that doesn't meet those basic needs, because your too proud to just sit around and live off handouts, and they won't even know who you are. Ask for assistance and they'll tell you your "too well off".

Think its tough for those who are of working age and having a tough time, look at what happens to the Seniors. Work all your life, pay SS taxes, save some money, and then retire. It won't take too long to find out that that money you saved or the house you paid for makes you ineligible for any assistance with medications or tax breaks. You even have to pay income tax on your Social Security Benefits.

Badger Johnson

Truth is, all those who currently own HG and CC, if a bill was passed taking away that right would probably still carry. It's almost impossible to check unless they install metal detectors in every store - and then we'd use carbon fiber frames, or magic box holsters (*)

Once you realize how vulnerable you are sans HG, you can never go back, imo.

(*) magic box is a type of electronic faraday cage, used to defeat Credit Card sniping.

sudden valley gunner

Nah, it's easy. Just move in with some "single mom" who has 8 kids with 6 different fathers. Just make sure you're not there when the case worker visits. May sound absurd and "class bashing" but unfortunately it is a way of life for some.

But the guy doesn't get the assistance, but yes see this often.

The only people who are really hurt under the current approach to public assistance are those who have personal pride and a strong work ethic. Sit on you @$$ and the state will see to it your housed, fed, and health needs taken care of. Get a job that doesn't meet those basic needs, because your too proud to just sit around and live off handouts, and they won't even know who you are. Ask for assistance and they'll tell you your "too well off".

This is pretty much what I am talking about.

Think its tough for those who are of working age and having a tough time, look at what happens to the Seniors. Work all your life, pay SS taxes, save some money, and then retire. It won't take too long to find out that that money you saved or the house you paid for makes you ineligible for any assistance with medications or tax breaks. You even have to pay income tax on your Social Security Benefits.

Yea it's an F'd up system designed to keep certain politicians in power. Ad to that the fact that with Keynesian monetary system, your savings and house are really not worth what it should be and it's all a sham.

oneeyeross

Well, let me see....

Under Art I, sec 8 Congress has no power to enact this law, therefore under the 10th Amendment such an act would be void and not valid. I also see no way that it would ever pass in the Congress right now....

Lammo

Boxer sponsored = no way on earth this is a good thing for gun owners. So wrong on so many levels, all well articulated above. Proof positive that elections have consequences.

PS - - we need a law that requires bill titles to be truthful - - "Common Sense" my big fat a$$.

amlevin

- "Common Sense" my big fat a$$.

11.gif

Last edited: