Thread: Any MOCA plans?

Any MOCA plans?

Hey guys,

I'm back in the wonderful US of A after too long gone (granted, I did arrange for my mid-tour leave to be much closer to the 'end' compared to 'mid'), and I'll be home next before me and the wife start the road trip back out to OK. Any MOCA plans during the week? And yes epok, I'll be getting the contact info for the range to you when I get back. The phone number my wife had was wrong, so I'll be getting the correct info when I drop off some items to a member.

How's carrying been these past few months with all the cold weather? I managed to screw up my CFP application (well, actually the check. how can anyone forgot to sign their own check? I swear the guy I'm working with in Augusta probably busted a gut when he shot me an email) so I'll have to be even more careful then I was before to make sure I don't cover the pistol. So far I'm leaning towards finding a larger belt I can just put on over everything, any other suggestions?

With the cold I haven't had as much opportunity to OC as I do during summer months. I have OC'd a little in Biddeford though without issue.

Accomplished Advocate
    MOCA is in talks with various retailers about putting something together this spring. We will also be holding our annual barbecue this springtime. :-) With the winter it's incredibly hard to get any participation at events. Of course, if some people would like to get together and do something I know that I would participate! :-) They don't have to be "MOCA-sanctioned events" it can just be a group of friends getting together to OC.

Little of topic (sorry) not going to start new thread over this.

Do you still send out newsletter? I haven't received one for a while it may be going in my junk mail.

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by jonjon_jon View Post
    Do you still send out newsletter? I haven't received one for a while it may be going in my junk mail.
    We do, Forrest runs the newsletter so we'll just have to wait for him to reply on this. My best guess is that there hasn't been a huge incident that he thought worthy of sending out a newsletter about. He doesn't want to seem as if he is spamming people.

Quote Originally Posted by shanebelanger View Post
    We do, Forrest runs the newsletter so we'll just have to wait for him to reply on this. My best guess is that there hasn't been a huge incident that he thought worthy of sending out a newsletter about. He doesn't want to seem as if he is spamming people.
    Basically, this. Also I'm busy as hell lately.
    v/r
    Forrest Brown
    Webmaster, Maine Open Carry Association
    forrest@maineopencarry.org

well thanks to everyone involved for doing what you all do! especially shane and forrest

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce1911 View Post
    well thanks to everyone involved for doing what you all do! especially shane and forrest
    RIGHT ON!!!!!

xd-over