• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any MOCA plans?

hightecrebel

Hey guys,

I'm back in the wonderful US of A after too long gone (granted, I did arrange for my mid-tour leave to be much closer to the 'end' compared to 'mid'), and I'll be home next before me and the wife start the road trip back out to OK. Any MOCA plans during the week? And yes epok, I'll be getting the contact info for the range to you when I get back. The phone number my wife had was wrong, so I'll be getting the correct info when I drop off some items to a member.

How's carrying been these past few months with all the cold weather? I managed to screw up my CFP application (well, actually the check. how can anyone forgot to sign their own check? I swear the guy I'm working with in Augusta probably busted a gut when he shot me an email) so I'll have to be even more careful then I was before to make sure I don't cover the pistol. So far I'm leaning towards finding a larger belt I can just put on over everything, any other suggestions?

boyscout399

With the cold I haven't had as much opportunity to OC as I do during summer months. I have OC'd a little in Biddeford though without issue.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
MOCA is in talks with various retailers about putting something together this spring. We will also be holding our annual barbecue this springtime. :) With the winter it's incredibly hard to get any participation at events. Of course, if some people would like to get together and do something I know that I would participate! :) They don't have to be "MOCA-sanctioned events" it can just be a group of friends getting together to OC.

jonjon_jon

Little of topic (sorry) not going to start new thread over this.

Do you still send out newsletter? I haven't received one for a while it may be going in my junk mail.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
Do you still send out newsletter? I haven't received one for a while it may be going in my junk mail.

We do, Forrest runs the newsletter so we'll just have to wait for him to reply on this. My best guess is that there hasn't been a huge incident that he thought worthy of sending out a newsletter about. He doesn't want to seem as if he is spamming people.

ep0k

We do, Forrest runs the newsletter so we'll just have to wait for him to reply on this. My best guess is that there hasn't been a huge incident that he thought worthy of sending out a newsletter about. He doesn't want to seem as if he is spamming people.

Basically, this. Also I'm busy as hell lately.