• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please help $upport Josh's case

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
This post is meant to provide a convenient way to support Josh’s case financially. See the original thread for details and the progression of his case:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?52346-LEO-gave-me-a-ticket...

I’ll use my PayPal account (jimt675@gmail.com*), or I’m happy to PM my address or meet up for those who wish to use a check, cash (with a receipt), or make other arrangements.

Let’s win this valuable, precedent-setting case!

I'll keep a public running balance. Give me a day to post before getting the pitchforks and torches, I have a day job!
Anonymous donations are gratefully accepted as well. Let me know if you want me to hide your name.

Date_________Amount_____Balance____Name____________Comment

2/10/2011____$200_______$200_______jim675
2/10/2011_____$25_______$225_______Lonny Crawford
2/11/2011_____$20_______$245_______joeroket
2/1//2011_____$40_______$285_______geojohn
2/11/2011____$100_______$385_______Ajetpilot
2/14/2011____$261.57____$646.57_____1245A Defender
2/17/2011____$100_______$746.57_____FMCDH
2/17/2011_____$50_______$796.57_____Stretch
2/19/2011_____$75_______$871.57_____irfner
2/26/2011_____$25_______$896.57_____Agent19
2/28/2011__($319.46)_____$577.11_____olypendrew
3/17/2011____$100_______$677.11_____sigfan
4/18/2011__($285.20)_____$391.91_____olypendrew
7/17/2011___($39.33)_____$352.58_____ajetpilot - refund
7/17/2011___($19.67)_____$332.91_____Stretch - refund
7/17/2011___($15.73)_____$317.18_____geojohn - refund
7/17/2011___($78.66)_____$238.52_____jim675 - refund
7/17/2011__($102.88)_____$135.64_____1245A Defender - refund(check)
7/17/2011___($39.33)______$96.31_____sigfan - refund
7/17/2011____($7.87)______$88.44_____joerocket- refund
7/17/2011____($9.83)______$78.61_____Lonny - refund
7/17/2011____($9.83)______$78.61_____Lonny - refund
7/21/2011___($39.33)______$39.28_____FMCDH - refund (check)

Hey this thing's starting to work! Thank you all, gentlemen!

*My PayPal account has a "t" in it that is not in my OCDO user name. Please make sure you use the PayPal's "Gift" option so Josh gets the full benefit of your donation.

Please note that this does not reflect any funds already given (SVG and others, thank you). It is 2/10/11 and going forward.

NOTE: Please use PM to contact me. I only created the gmail account for PayPal and I seldom check, my sincere apologies to geojohn!

Last edited:

1245A Defender

well,,,

i will be there for josh when the time is right!!
i am sure that someone here is trying to help,
But i dont know jim675, and he is not setting up an easy
to use channel for money for joshs fees.
im am not doubting jim 675s voracity or motives.
unless the lawyer or josh himself said that this is the way,
And instructions or address for checks, with payee info is provided
i will not use it!

Last edited:

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
i will not use it!

If you have any doubts you may certainly make other arrangements to support Josh. I understand you don't know me and I respect your decision as well as your desire to see Josh's case settled correctly.

Olypendrew and Josh both encouraged me to post this method for those who wish to use it. As I mentioned in the OP I am happy to send my address by PM if you prefer to pay by check.

FMCDH

i will not use it!

Josh himself indicated he requested Jim do this for him at post #920, bottom of post...
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?52346-LEO-gave-me-a-ticket.../page37

That's good enough for me, as all I ever wanted was for Josh to indicate HIS wishes clearly.

Last edited:

1245A Defender

well,,,

Josh himself indicated he requested Jim do this for him at post #920, bottom of post...
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?52346-LEO-gave-me-a-ticket.../page37

That's good enough for me, as all I ever wanted was for Josh to indicate HIS wishes clearly.

my apologies to all,, josh, olypendrew, and jim 675,, really im sorry for my posts
that were curt and rude..

when josh said jim would take money for him, i didnt know who jim was, and assumed
he was talking about our well known friend jim beal, deros72.
if josh had been specific about jim675, i would not have bothered to be confused
or doubtful about some person to take funds on his behalf.

the other jim, jim675 had only recently posted a junk thread, that we ultimately
poked fun at and played with, unmercifully,, i had a great time fighting with my friend greenisfaster!

today i finally got some feed back in the form of a PM from olypendrew berating me
for my continued posts requesting specific information in how and where to make my donation.
i thought it was unnecessary, since he wrote in a post that he would PM me his
address over 29 hours ago, But he did not do it!

so now i will PM jim675 and ask him to PM his address to me so i can send
a check to help fund josh, and get some justice!

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
SNIP... "jim675 had only recently posted a junk thread"

Just in case anyone was curious, I was experimenting with the forums ability (or lack thereof) to display tables so I could make the information about Josh's fund a bit more presentable. No luck. The forum's HTML abilities are turned off, for perfectly valid security reasons I'm sure.

Perhaps a bit of a introduction is in order since I've been quiet here for some time, although
I've been on this forum for 3 years. I began OC'g in 1979, in Iowa. Turns out that was perhaps a bit ahead of popular acceptance. (Story for another time - I may be the first OCer busted with air support!)

Army for 12 years, lots of Korea, a few years in Germany, and 5 months in Desert Storm. I was at least smart enough to go when they weren't shooting back (effectively)!

I've been at the same job ever since I got out, about 14 years now. We got purchased twice but I'm still hanging on, for now. I support all civil rights for everyone. I just happen to like the second amendment stuff more than the others.

What Josh has been through is wrong and I want him to win this case both for his sake and for all of us. Seems only fair that I contribute some as well since I benefit. M1Gunr had earlier offered to handle this but I jumped in since we already owe a rather significant debt to Bill who's done much more than his share for OC in Washington.

If anyone has any questions about the funds I'll be happy to answer what I can, in public.

Olypendrew and Josh make all the decisions of course. My role is a that of a publicly viewable piggy bank for when legal expenses arise. Not a penny of this fund is mine or ever will be.

Tactical Trunk Monkey

I can't remember the last time I read that much in one sitting. 30+ pages is no joke. Unfortunately my family's budget is stretched about as thin as it could get right now, but next month I will be making a donation. I refuse to stand idle and do nothing while these jokers try to throw one of us under the bus for nothing.:mad:

Hang in there Josh, we got your back. Semper Fi!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Taxes

I plan on contributing 10% of my return to this case.....

In my opinion this is a very important case to be won!

I hope I can get others to commit the same amount.

Deleted_User

I plan on contributing 10% of my return to this case.....

In my opinion this is a very important case to be won!

I hope I can get others to commit the same amount.

I spent my return already. However, your post reminded me I do need to add something to the cause! Let's get this one won!

Last edited: