Thread: Police shoot bank robber in hostage standoff Wachovia Bank (Cary)

Police shoot bank robber in hostage standoff Wachovia Bank (Cary)

Link to the article:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=7951462

Anyone know if it was posted with gun buster signs? I'm still on my crusade to get a response from Wachovia about them allowing OC.

I know someone who lives in the apartment complex right there. She said the cops were telling her she couldn't go outside. She said "couldn't or shouldn't?" and then left to run errands anyway. Good girl!
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

I don't bother with pragmatic statistics while discussing my constitutional rights. The issue is far less complex, to me. Free men should be able to act like free men.

Quote Originally Posted by Smith45acp View Post
    I know someone who lives in the apartment complex right there. She said the cops were telling her she couldn't go outside. She said "couldn't or shouldn't?" and then left to run errands anyway. Good girl!
    She's a smart one.

How old is she? Is she single? She cute?
    Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. Carried in condition 1, with a total of 25 rounds.

Vice President of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, ECU Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by elixin77 View Post
    She's a smart one.

How old is she? Is she single? She cute?
    Mid 20's, kind of, and very
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

I don't bother with pragmatic statistics while discussing my constitutional rights. The issue is far less complex, to me. Free men should be able to act like free men.

Quote Originally Posted by Smith45acp View Post
    Mid 20's, kind of, and very
    invite her to range day
    Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. Carried in condition 1, with a total of 25 rounds.

Vice President of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, ECU Chapter

Kind of?
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

lol

Anyway, I'm sure it won't be long before the news people hook this story together with the "ever growing assault on gun laws by the gun rights whackos". Soon enough the story will show that a gun kidnapped the robber and made him go into the bank and take hostages.

Cary will then strengthen their already idiotic gun rules in their never-ending quest to out-Massachusetts Massachusetts.

Here's a vid from one of the TV helicopters of the actual ending. Ended with one well placed shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0ICp2MOIA4

Guess he didnt read the laws in Cary
    1. The Town of Cary does not allow the open or concealed carry
    of a weapon while on any public property within our community
    including on greenways, in public parks or Town facilities, or in
    Town-owned parking lots. The ordinance does not allow the
    open carry of any firearm on public sidewalks or right-of-ways.
    If a private business or property is not posted prohibiting
    firearms, then citizens have the right to lawfully carry firearms
    on the premises. (Town ordinance Sec 22-51).
    Man they are strick if you break the law

Multiple shoots fired!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Here's a vid from one of the TV helicopters of the actual ending. Ended with one well placed shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0ICp2MOIA4
    Looks like after the first shot, shots came from multiple weapons. Most of them seems to be just hitting the pavement. Some of the LE's need some target practice.
    JMHO!

I wonder how much trouble an average citizen would be in if they shot someone that many times after they were laying prone on a sidewalk?

The Town of Cary CAN NOT Regulate Open Carry in: Public SideWalks OR Public Streets.

However, such Regulations Prohibiting Open Carry in Parks and Governmental Buildings ARE Legal under North Carolina General Statutes.
    Last edited by aadvark; 02-11-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aadvark View Post
    The Town of Cary CAN NOT Regulate Open Carry in: Public SideWalks OR Public Streets.

However, such Regulations Prohibiting Open Carry in Parks and Governmental Buildings ARE Legal under North Carolina General Statutes.
    Here is how they do it. Not arguing it's right, because I think it's unconstitutional. But this is where they feel they get the authority from. Now, if you can get the AG to define "display" maybe things would change. They used to think the could regulate CC on sidewalks and streets too.

160A‑189. Firearms.
    A city may by ordinance regulate, restrict, or prohibit the discharge of firearms at any time or place within the city except when used in defense of person or property or pursuant to lawful directions of law‑enforcement officers, and may regulate the display of firearms on the streets, sidewalks, alleys, or other public property. Nothing in this section shall be construed to limit a city's authority to take action under Article 36A of Chapter 14 of the General Statutes.

Quote Originally Posted by RegalNC View Post
    Looks like after the first shot, shots came from multiple weapons. Most of them seems to be just hitting the pavement. Some of the LE's need some target practice.
    JMHO!
    I did not even notice that till I went full screen. It's hard to see with it grainy. Good catch. I'm still trying to figure out what the guy on the left is doing. Is that muzzle flash or a light?

what they didnt tell you

the first hostage to be let out of the bank by the robber was an older black man who was unarmed and did not resist police. The police charged him and beat him brutally. He was an innocent man that was a hostage. He is now in the hospital with several wounds. I hope he sues the Cary Police. Police are sick. Beating someone up is like a kid in a candy store to them. Not only that but still racist. The first black man they see they assume its the robber. Go to hell pigs.

Quote Originally Posted by bullycops View Post
    The first black man they see they assume its the robber. Go to hell pigs.
    Did you come up with that all by yourself or did the "revrun" Farrakhan tell you to say that?
    "But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."
    -John Adams

way to troll

actually im white and the man that was assaulted was a worker that i know at the harris teeter for that shopping center. so good job at trolling the topic.

And it turns out he was unarmed - appears to be suicide by cop

What part of "shall not be infringed" do *they* not understand?

Sucide by Cop!

If the facts remain the same, this was a tragic chain of events orchastred by an indivual intent on ending his life! I would have preferred that he had sort help and other options to deal with his issues. But unfortunely he chose to invole others in his exit plan.
    I just pray that local LEO's review their tactics because there seemed to have been excess shots taken that could have injured the hostage and others present.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I did not even notice that till I went full screen. It's hard to see with it grainy. Good catch. I'm still trying to figure out what the guy on the left is doing. Is that muzzle flash or a light?
    Looks like a Taser to me. If I'm seeing this correctly, they used a less than lethal weapon and then once the hostage was clear they used lethal force. Interesting.