• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police shoot bank robber in hostage standoff Wachovia Bank (Cary)

Smith45acp

I know someone who lives in the apartment complex right there. She said the cops were telling her she couldn't go outside. She said "couldn't or shouldn't?" and then left to run errands anyway. Good girl!

elixin77

I know someone who lives in the apartment complex right there. She said the cops were telling her she couldn't go outside. She said "couldn't or shouldn't?" and then left to run errands anyway. Good girl!

She's a smart one.

How old is she? Is she single? She cute? :banana:

rotorhead

lol

Anyway, I'm sure it won't be long before the news people hook this story together with the "ever growing assault on gun laws by the gun rights whackos". Soon enough the story will show that a gun kidnapped the robber and made him go into the bank and take hostages.

Cary will then strengthen their already idiotic gun rules in their never-ending quest to out-Massachusetts Massachusetts. :eek:

bwhunter65

Guess he didnt read the laws in Cary
1. The Town of Cary does not allow the open or concealed carry
of a weapon while on any public property within our community
including on greenways, in public parks or Town facilities, or in
Town-owned parking lots. The ordinance does not allow the
open carry of any firearm on public sidewalks or right-of-ways.
If a private business or property is not posted prohibiting
firearms, then citizens have the right to lawfully carry firearms
on the premises. (Town ordinance Sec 22-51).
Man they are strick if you break the law

rotorhead

I wonder how much trouble an average citizen would be in if they shot someone that many times after they were laying prone on a sidewalk? :eek:

aadvark

The Town of Cary CAN NOT Regulate Open Carry in: Public SideWalks OR Public Streets.

However, such Regulations Prohibiting Open Carry in Parks and Governmental Buildings ARE Legal under North Carolina General Statutes.

Last edited:

chiefjason

The Town of Cary CAN NOT Regulate Open Carry in: Public SideWalks OR Public Streets.

However, such Regulations Prohibiting Open Carry in Parks and Governmental Buildings ARE Legal under North Carolina General Statutes.

Here is how they do it. Not arguing it's right, because I think it's unconstitutional. But this is where they feel they get the authority from. Now, if you can get the AG to define "display" maybe things would change. They used to think the could regulate CC on sidewalks and streets too.

160A‑189. Firearms.
A city may by ordinance regulate, restrict, or prohibit the discharge of firearms at any time or place within the city except when used in defense of person or property or pursuant to lawful directions of law‑enforcement officers, and may regulate the display of firearms on the streets, sidewalks, alleys, or other public property. Nothing in this section shall be construed to limit a city's authority to take action under Article 36A of Chapter 14 of the General Statutes.

chiefjason

Looks like after the first shot, shots came from multiple weapons. Most of them seems to be just hitting the pavement. Some of the LE's need some target practice.
JMHO!

I did not even notice that till I went full screen. It's hard to see with it grainy. Good catch. I'm still trying to figure out what the guy on the left is doing. Is that muzzle flash or a light?

bullycops

what they didnt tell you

the first hostage to be let out of the bank by the robber was an older black man who was unarmed and did not resist police. The police charged him and beat him brutally. He was an innocent man that was a hostage. He is now in the hospital with several wounds. I hope he sues the Cary Police. Police are sick. Beating someone up is like a kid in a candy store to them. Not only that but still racist. The first black man they see they assume its the robber. Go to hell pigs.

bullycops

way to troll

actually im white and the man that was assaulted was a worker that i know at the harris teeter for that shopping center. so good job at trolling the topic.

RegalNC

Sucide by Cop!

If the facts remain the same, this was a tragic chain of events orchastred by an indivual intent on ending his life! I would have preferred that he had sort help and other options to deal with his issues. But unfortunely he chose to invole others in his exit plan.
I just pray that local LEO's review their tactics because there seemed to have been excess shots taken that could have injured the hostage and others present.

Racer X

I did not even notice that till I went full screen. It's hard to see with it grainy. Good catch. I'm still trying to figure out what the guy on the left is doing. Is that muzzle flash or a light?

Looks like a Taser to me. If I'm seeing this correctly, they used a less than lethal weapon and then once the hostage was clear they used lethal force. Interesting.