• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great Customer Service from Energizer!!

TN_Mike

I have been carrying this light for 3 years every single day.:

mlt1waaelg.jpg

When I say I have used it every day, I mean I have USED it every single day. This light has seen some hard use. It has fallen 2 stories onto hard concrete. It has banged off lots of solid objects. It has been used in water, in extreme heat, in cold, in mud and sand. It still looks pretty good, some scratches and the light end has a slight dent in it. But it worked every time I switched it on. Until today.

Today I went to use it in a dark room tracing a cable and the light came on for a split second then went right back off. It does this every time I switch it on now.

I went to try to see if I could fix it, I managed to rip the rubber cover that is on the switch, and after getting the switch out determined it is fine by checking it with a multimeter. So, it seems the regulator circuit has gone bad.

I looked up the customer service number on the Energizer website so I could call them and see if they could locate a store in my are that sells them so I can replace it because let's be honest, it's a $20 flashlight that is 3 years old and has had the snot beat out of it.

When I explained to the nice young lady on the phone what had happened she immediately tells me that she will send a shipping label to me so I can send it back to them. She says their technicians will check it out and see if they can repair it and if not, they will replace it with a brand new one!

Now, this is not what I was expecting at all. I told her it is 3 years old and has had a rough life and I wasn't expecting them to replace or even repair it. but she insisted that Energizer will stand behind their product and that I should send it to them. So I will.

She did tell me where I can get another, and I am thinking I may pick up one for each of the cars while I'm at it.

I wanted to pass this along to everyone because I believe in supporting a company that really knows what customer service is, and I think I have found that in Energizer. And this is a very good every day light. The specs say it puts out 45 lumens but I can tell you from comparing it to my Surefire G2 that it's more than that.

mylight.jpg

RogueWarrior

great to hear it Mate I've been thinking of getting a small flashlight just A quick question how bright is it

TN_Mike

great to hear it Mate I've been thinking of getting a small flashlight just A quick question how bright is it

It is rated at 45 lumens but I think it is brighter than that. It has a very well focused light, and it is good and bright. For an every day carry light, it suits me very, very well.

PT111

Sometimes I wonder how the lumen rating of lights are determined and it has to be an advertising gimmick if certain lights come close to their rating. There needs to be some standard on how it is actually measured. I picked up a couple of lights at Sams, I thnk it was 2 for $20 or so, just for the heck of it. All I can say is they beat a lot of $100 lights on output and well focused with good color and evenness. Unfortunately Sams doesn't have them right now but a different brand that doesn't come close.

I doubt that these lights are nearly as rugged as others but over two years of use and they are still going strong. For $10 they can't be beat and if it fails then I haven't lost much but I can't replace it right now. Hopefully Sams will start carrying them again.