Thread: Michigan Open Carry Seminar at Chief Okemos Sportsman's Club - Dimondale, MI(Lansing)

Exclamation Michigan Open Carry Seminar at Chief Okemos Sportsman's Club - Dimondale, MI(Lansing)

Time: Monday, March 14 6:00pm - 9:00pm
    4667 N Gunnell Road
    Dimondale, MI 48821
    More Info: Chief Okemos Sportsman's Club has open it's doors to the public and invited everyone to join MOC as we present a free seminar on Open Carry.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

COSC has opted to cancel this seminar. From my conversation with the president, they don't want to be involved in "that".

That = CADL controversy?

ETA: confirmed. That = CADL controversy. I am very disappointed.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

too bad for them...i WAS going to become a member,as well as talk a few family and friends into doing the same,cuz i really liked the range.

but...i dont support a gun club that selectively supports 2A rights,only doing so when it is politically correct enough for them.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Typical FUDs we are all about the 2A, except when people want to actually exercise it.
    I would recommend that all true 2A supporters pass on membership with this FUDD group.

You can send your comments to their org. via the contact in the original post.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Typical FUDs we are all about the 2A, except when people want to actually exercise it.
    I would recommend that all true 2A supporters pass on membership with this FUDD group.

You can send your comments to their org. via the contact in the original post.
    Email on the way!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Banned
    Shoulda had it at the library.

My dad was a member of that club and they went fudd over shall issue for concealed carry iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_freak_66 View Post
    too bad for them...i WAS going to become a member,as well as talk a few family and friends into doing the same,cuz i really liked the range.

but...i dont support a gun club that selectively supports 2A rights,only doing so when it is politically correct enough for them.
    Iam sure their real disappointed.

Exclamation

I think MOC Inc. should send them a letter of regret.I'm sure the club doesn't cancel NRA events just because they're fighting the federal government!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

I was actually considering joining this place since it is only about 10 minutes from my house. There is no way they are gonna get any of my money now!!!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDChilD View Post
    Iam sure their real disappointed.
    Beerme? Is that you?
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    I was actually considering joining this place since it is only about 10 minutes from my house. There is no way they are gonna get any of my money now!!!
    Denny is the name of CADL's main Security guard (ducks).

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Denny is the name of CADL's main Security guard (ducks).
    I saw that. A very unfortunate coincidence. He gives all of us a bad name. Hmmm, I wonder if I can change my name on here to Dennis........

Banned
    Beerme? Is that you?
    I thought it might be Warchild.

So they don't want to associate with people who have been harassed & sued by the gov't for exercising their protected rights?
    How very anti-rights of them!

I suspect their officers, as listed on their webpage, will be fielding phone calls from some upset folks expressing their opinions about this.

Overall phone: 517-646-0400
    President, Keith Wright 517-646-9179
    1st Vice-president, Duane Whaley 517-646-1611
    2nd Vice-president, Dave Walter 517-646-0701
    Treasurer, Bob Tyler 517-484-2020
    Membership, Stu Miller 517-393-3178

Beerme? Is that you?
    No just a causal observer.