• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan Open Carry Seminar at Chief Okemos Sportsman's Club - Dimondale, MI(Lansing)

TheQ

COSC has opted to cancel this seminar. From my conversation with the president, they don't want to be involved in "that".

That = CADL controversy?

ETA: confirmed. That = CADL controversy. I am very disappointed.

lil_freak_66

too bad for them...i WAS going to become a member,as well as talk a few family and friends into doing the same,cuz i really liked the range.

but...i dont support a gun club that selectively supports 2A rights,only doing so when it is politically correct enough for them.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Typical FUDs we are all about the 2A, except when people want to actually exercise it.
I would recommend that all true 2A supporters pass on membership with this FUDD group.

You can send your comments to their org. via the contact in the original post.

Haman J.T.

Typical FUDs we are all about the 2A, except when people want to actually exercise it.
I would recommend that all true 2A supporters pass on membership with this FUDD group.

You can send your comments to their org. via the contact in the original post.
Email on the way!

WilDChilD

too bad for them...i WAS going to become a member,as well as talk a few family and friends into doing the same,cuz i really liked the range.

but...i dont support a gun club that selectively supports 2A rights,only doing so when it is politically correct enough for them.

Iam sure their real disappointed.

Haman J.T.

I think MOC Inc. should send them a letter of regret.I'm sure the club doesn't cancel NRA events just because they're fighting the federal government!

Denny

I was actually considering joining this place since it is only about 10 minutes from my house. There is no way they are gonna get any of my money now!!!

MKEgal

So they don't want to associate with people who have been harassed & sued by the gov't for exercising their protected rights?
How very anti-rights of them!

I suspect their officers, as listed on their webpage, will be fielding phone calls from some upset folks expressing their opinions about this.

Overall phone: 517-646-0400
President, Keith Wright 517-646-9179
1st Vice-president, Duane Whaley 517-646-1611
2nd Vice-president, Dave Walter 517-646-0701
Treasurer, Bob Tyler 517-484-2020
Membership, Stu Miller 517-393-3178