Thread: Alabama sex shop offers customers chance to swap guns for sex toys in Valentines Day

Alabama sex shop offers customers chance to swap guns for sex toys in Valentines Day

Surely this is a joke???

Pleasures, a store in Huntsville that bills itself as a "one-stop romance shop," rolled out a promotion Tuesday that allows customers to trade in their guns for sex toys.

Owner Sherri Williams said she's hoping her shop's guns-for-toys promotion, which ends Feb. 15, will help down-on-their luck lovers who can't afford to buy a gift.
    "You never know, maybe there will be someone who says, 'I've got this gun that I could go rob a liquor store with, or maybe I can get me a blowup doll for Valentine's Day, instead," Williams told AFP.
    "I'm also in it to get guns off the street -- to take them out of the hands of people who would potentially do harm with them, and put them in the hands of collectors," Williams told AFP.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...=news/national

Regular Member frommycolddeadhands's Avatar
    because I'm sure all the gang bangers are just going to line up to trade their gat for a vibrator....
    God is the one driving this stagecoach, I'm just riding shotgun.

Shoot, if I ran a sex toy shop I guess I'd do the same thing!
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

McX
    so, can i run a reverse of this? remove someone's 'power take off unit', take it to the store, and get a free gun in return?

It'd be a decent way to get a cheap gun collection? However, the guns you'd get would probably be junk.
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frommycolddeadhands View Post
    because I'm sure all the gang bangers are just going to line up to trade their gat for a vibrator....
    Well shoots, if they wanted a vibrator they'd just steal it.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    It'd be a decent way to get a cheap gun collection? However, the guns you'd get would probably be junk.
    Or, antiques.
    Or, stolen and now in possession.