• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm a little bitter.

o2ryan

My wife applied for her CPL last Thursday. I warned her that most of the state seems to take the full 30 days to complete and return her CPL, as that was my experience. Well she was all too quick to rub it in my face when her CPL was waiting in the mail for her today, 7 days later.

Do you think this is a sign that applications have decreased allowing agencies to turn them around faster? Are there other aspect that you speculate might come into play? These are random questions with no real value, but I am curious what some of you will have to say.

Deleted_User

My wife got hers at day 5, and mine took 32! It's a conspiracy! I also think her nice legs helped too. I guess I need to shave more ...

Last edited:

Thor80

Mine and my buddies took I think the full 30 days or even longer... Maybe crime in the USA is dropping and the aliens are backing down which is allowing the FBI to run our fingerprints faster? :eek:

-Thor

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
My wife got hers at day 5, and mine took 32! It's a conspiracy! I also think her nice legs helped too. I guess I need to shave more ...

Goose are you suggesting that we go dressed as this?

French%20Maid.jpg

GOOSE SAY IT ISN"T SO !​

DISCLAIMER: JUST KIDDING

Last edited:

Badger Johnson

My partner got hers in about 19 days. On day 38 I called the clerk and discovered it had been sitting on her desk for 10 days. She was 'too busy' to put it in an envelope.

I had to drive over and get mine, as I'm sure asking about it would have caused it to move to the bottom of the pile, lol.

amlevin

Do you think this is a sign that applications have decreased allowing agencies to turn them around faster? Are there other aspect that you speculate might come into play?

Probably more a result of better technology. According to the FBI website, IAFIS inquiries are processed in an average time of 10 minutes for criminal inquiries and for civilian it takes just over an hour, average.

With the "print checking" done that quickly it's merely a matter of checking court records. Better reporting and better interconnection of computer systems has more likely than not led to the decrease in time.

But there still remain those departments that will take the full 30 days before they mail the CPL, just because they can. Wonder if they think something will "pop up" while the application is sitting in their drawer just waiting to be mailed?

Badger Johnson

Here they don't fingerprint, and against the rules they do ask for a photocopy of your DL. I sent it in before my instructor got a reply to me that they are not permitted by law to ask for that. However, it certainly didn't speed up the process.

I get the impression it takes about 5 minutes for an uncomplicated permit request to process and the rest is just the Clerk f*rting around instead of sending them out.

1911er

Wait time

I Think mine went through in about a week, But at the time I was selling guns for a big out door store based out of Sydney NE. and had to pass their federal check before I could do that. So they already had me on file

oneeyeross

My original took about 25 days or so, but the renewal was done while I waited...about 5 minutes to include the lamination (for an extra $0.50)... The clerk at Lewis County was very nice, professional and it was a very pleasant experience, both the first time and the renewal.

Lammo

I got mine same day but having my office in the same building as the police department probably facilitated that. :) FWIW, I go by the application window on my way to our jail courtroom several times a week and there is always at least one or two people waiting at the window. Some could be renewing but my sense is that there are more that just a few new applications every day here in Spokane.

joeroket

My original from Sno Co was in the mailbox on the third day. Sheriff Bart was really good about getting CPL's out. I just renewed yesterday so I am kind of curious how fast they come out under Sheriff Lovick.

FedwyCC

i got mine the day after my xd came through from atf...and i applied for both on the same day. so 4 days for me....although i was already a gun owner before getting a handgun so i would guess they just looked me up and passed it on it's way...there wasn't much research to be done

acmariner99

I applied as a non-resident last May/June through Everett and I got mine in about 2 weeks.

Last edited: