• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm a little bitter.

Ruby

I applied for mine on March 9, 2009, the approval date on it was March 13, and I received it in the mail on March 19th. Seeing all the various times it took, it must depend on how busy they are.

joeroket

I got my renewal CPL in the mail today. 9 days including the day I applied is not too shabby. Not quite as fast as the previous sheriff but much better than 30 days.

joeroket

Got mine yesterday too.

Well I am glad to see Lovick's office is not simply waiting the entire 30 days because the law says they can. I was worried about that when he became Sheriff. There was someone a while back, when Lovick was a state rep., that asked him about carrying firearms and his response was along the lines of he was a retired trooper and he doesn't carry so there really is no need for anyone to carry a firearm.

amlevin

Sno Co. tells you 30 days also but I think that is just a catchall because they don't want people calling constantly to find out about the status of the CPL issuance.

Also because this is the time specified in the law as the max. Why say anything else and then get bitched at because you can't keep that schedule. Better to say "30 days" and then just send it out when the responses are received from the state, etc?

For renewals, plan ahead so you aren't left with an expired CPL in your pocket and no renewal. Mark your calendar or set a reminder in your "smart phone".

joeroket

Also because this is the time specified in the law as the max. Why say anything else and then get bitched at because you can't keep that schedule. Better to say "30 days" and then just send it out when the responses are received from the state, etc?

For renewals, plan ahead so you aren't left with an expired CPL in your pocket and no renewal. Mark your calendar or set a reminder in your "smart phone".

Yea, thats where I messed up. Mine expired 2/15 but luckily for me it only took 4 days after the expiration to get my new one.

rayjax82

Well I am glad to see Lovick's office is not simply waiting the entire 30 days because the law says they can. I was worried about that when he became Sheriff. There was someone a while back, when Lovick was a state rep., that asked him about carrying firearms and his response was along the lines of he was a retired trooper and he doesn't carry so there really is no need for anyone to carry a firearm.

Mine was an original too. It took nine days but from the looks of it mine was issued the same day I applied.