• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ohio newspaper editor sees the light!

kawisixer01

Wow this is an impressive piece that was posted up on a skydiving forum I frequent. This is one piece I think needs to make the rounds!

AFTER reading through reporter Taylor Dungjen’s front page story today on the relatively trouble-free growth of concealed carry of handguns in Ohio, I have to admit I was wrong.

If you want to be a gun owner or even a concealed carry license holder, fine. Just do it right.

It’s one of our most fundamental rights as Americans.

......--Moderator Edited--
RESPECT COPYRIGHT HOLDERS: We often share news stories with one another. Please remember that these stories are copyrighted material and only post a fair-use excerpt along with a link where the rest of the story may be read.

Tom Skoch is editor of The Morning Journal and www.MorningJournal.com, where his Tell the Editor blog appears. He is on Twitter as MJ_Tom_Skoch and can be contacted by e-mail at tskoch@morningjournal.com.

http://www.morningjournal.com/artic...4d4e1b29419fe014211343.txt?viewmode=fullstory

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
And if I blather enough maybe it will become truth....

This a link to the original story... very interesting. Here is a quote from Ohio's version of WAVE:
Despite few reported problems with concealed carry in Ohio, Toby Hoover, executive director of the Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence, says the increase in concealed carry licenses is dangerous.

“As far as concealed carry, it is promoting a culture that is one of impending violence and fear and other people are convinced to carry,” Hoover said. “As far as numbers are concerned, even though it has become popular in some cultures, we keep advertising like more and more of us are protecting ourselves.”
Typical, "I'll just ignore the facts and keep blathering.... And if I blather enough maybe it will become truth...."

jpm84092

Admitting A Mistake

This is a man who admits his faults and mistakes when he writes"

"The facts showed that concealed carry did not bring Ohio more crime, more bloodshed or a Wild West atmosphere. In fact, none of that has happened anywhere in the United States as legal concealed carry has become the rule rather than the exception in the state laws across the land."

A copy of this article should go to every Wisconsin legislator - and sooner rather than later.