• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Freemont Experience meet up Las Vegas High Rollers Scooter rally 2-25

28kfps

At the opencarry lunch, I asked about doing a meet up Friday evening February the 25th or Saturday 26th at the Freemont Experience. The few at the lunch meet up said they were up for it. This is the weekend for the annual Las Vegas High Rollers Scooter rally. The sponsoring hotels are the Las Vegas Club and the Golden Gate Hotel across from the Plaza Hotel.

There will be a very large group of scooter riders and their machines from all over the county and some from overseas showing off their scooters. You can check it out www.highrollersweekend.com.
Most of the scoters are of the Vespa type. The modifications, mirrors, lights, chrome goodies they hang on the scooters it a real site. If you have a motorcycle open carry and ride it down. I plan to ride mine. There should be a large parking lot behind the Las Vegas Club for motorcycles only. This is a scooter rally however; they have no problems with any motorcycle parking in the lot if not full. I am suggesting a 7pm meet up time.

Friday night might be the best evening for opencarry PR and seeing the scooters, as they will have a block party. I have been to one of these before a few years back however, it was at a Strip hotel.
Anyone else up for this?

Last edited:

28kfps

If you are cool with Harley's I will show up and bring some folks.

I am on a Goldwing. The riceWing and Harley as you know are a long way from being a scooter. To see a scooter that has 125hp and 120ftlbs of torque would be some scooter. As far as I am concerned if it has handle bars and you straddle it we are on common grounds. It does need to have a motor. I believe the Scooter group will be cool with it. I cannot see them giving some real motorcycles showing up with firearm on their sides a hard time. There is several new posters any meet up is a great way to break the open carry ice and meet the group and there is lots of places in the area to park whatever you drive or ride. As with any of the meet ups no one is in charge and no rules other than showing up and being legal to have a firearm if you have one on you. Open carry is optional however is what the outing is about. If one wants to CC or not carry your welcome to hang out with the group.

28kfps

I will be there. Because of the long ride and looks like the weather will be a little dicey, I will be on four wheels. I suggest meeting between the Las Vegas Club and Golden Gate hotel just across from the Union Plaza 7 pm. There has been a few new posters this is a good time meet up with other like-minded pro gun and break the opencarry ice.

28kfps

Thinking of canceling this as I watch the weather does not look like a fun night. Looking for input.

28kfps

Taken into concentration that Fremont Street is somewhat protected from the wind I am going to be there. I have to leave a 5pm, I check the OC site just before.

28kfps

Nothing like having my own blogging thread. I better quick before I get into an argument.

28kfps

A friend of mine who is a CC person will be there for his first OC.

28kfps

Some of the scoters

Attachments

• 2011-02-25 19.17.22.jpg
    2011-02-25 19.17.22.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 112

28kfps

No problems as usual, however there is a group of security in the past that has asked us to lock up our firearms in our vehicles they were asked if we could speak to their supervisor. Not sure, what was said however, we kept our firearms. This time they spotted us fairly quick.
Three of them followed us about half way had one on foot, one on a bike and one on a segway. The one on the segway circled us a few times only a few feet away. Not sure if this was an intimidating tactic or what. I guess they decided they were not having much on an effect and we did not see them again. It was a good experience for my friends first time OCing.

Attachments

• 2011-02-25 19.28.03.jpg
    2011-02-25 19.28.03.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

28kfps

Weather not and issue blocked by the hotels.

Attachments

• 2011-02-25 19.30.23.jpg
    2011-02-25 19.30.23.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 108

28kfps

Cell phone camera with no flash not the best pictures however the white scooter on the left has a large cluster of lights and mirrors there was several of them just one of their accepted ways they set up their scooters.

Attachments

• 2011-02-25 19.15.14.jpg
    2011-02-25 19.15.14.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 109