Thread: Two questions about Loudoun County

Two questions about Loudoun County

First i havent been on here but have been open carrying

Ok was working (company will not let me carry). And was at cluade moore park. I noticed in the rec center a "guns free criminal welcome" zone sign. This building is shared with a pre-k does that put them under the school exemption? Or would the state preemption overule? I would be happy to contact them just want to be sure of the facts first.

2nd. I looked into the no-guns sign in the cemetary at balls bluff park. That portion inside the stone wall is owned/administrated by the feds VEterans affairs and so that was a bit o a dead end short of changing thier nationwide policy. But the guy that i talked to at nvrpa was very helpful and on our side.

3rd. Doing some real estate shopping. Its not qt the top of my list but beeing able to plink/hunt a bit on my land would be a plus. From what i see in loudoun county west of ashburn/leesburg as long as you are over 100yards from the nieghboors house/highway its ok to start shooting?

So if i have a 4 acre property im looking at west of rt15 anything else i need to check on to make sure i can hunt/shoot (in addition to basics good backstop/standard gun safety rules)

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by conhntr View Post
    And was at cluade moore park. I noticed in the rec center a "guns free criminal welcome" zone sign.
    The rec center has a sign? when? where? I carry there all the time.. I will take a pic of it and get it taken care of
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Ed when you go in the main doors facing the front desk look left there is a huge billboard and under prohibited tobacco, guns, alchohol.

I've open carried during a blood drive there, and several other times within the park (but only once inside the rec center). In fact, I'll be at the park tomorrow.

3rd. Doing some real estate shopping. Its not qt the top of my list but beeing able to plink/hunt a bit on my land would be a plus. From what i see in loudoun county west of ashburn/leesburg as long as you are over 100yards from the nieghboors house/highway its ok to start shooting?
    I did a lot of digging on this topic in Prince William county so I could shoot on my parent's lot, and it's basically 100 yards away from anything, period (except the house you're actually at of course).

I'd double check with the loudon co regs but I doubt they are much different than PWC.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.loudoun.gov/Default.aspx?tabid=1352#684.99 Discharge of Firearms
    b. The discharge of firearms is prohibited within 50 yards of a highway in the primary or secondary system of state roads.

c. The discharge of firearms is prohibited within 100 yards of any public park or school. Nothing in this section shall be enforced within a national or state park or forest or wildlife management area.

d. The discharge of firearms is prohibited within 100 yards of a building with a current occupancy permit unless the owner or authorized agent has given permission.

e. This section does not apply to the following actions:

(1) Any shooting or discharge of firearms upon a lawfully established target, trap or skeet range;

(2) The discharge of firearms by any duly authorized peace officer or law enforcement official acting in the proper performance of his duties;

(3) Any shooting or discharge of firearms upon a target range operated by any police department or other law enforcement agency;

(4) Any discharge of firearms in defense of one's life or to kill a dangerous or destructive wild animal;

(5) The discharge of blank cartridges in theatrical performances or sporting events or at military funerals or other military affairs; and

(6) A managed hunt to control the deer population under the supervision of the federal, state or local law enforcement or game management officials.
    (Ord. 01-02. Passed 4-16-01).

The only snag would be neighbors calling in for noise disturbance.
    Last edited by epilogue; 02-11-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Suppressor.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sst0185 View Post
    Suppressor.
    The funny thing about that suggestion is...
    In France where gun control is more strict but different, it's considered bad manners to shoot in settled areas without a suppressor.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    The funny thing about that suggestion is...
    In France where gun control is more strict but different, it's considered bad manners to shoot in settled areas without a suppressor.
    And here, you're an assassin/mobster/some other BS from hollywood on the way to a hit if you are seen with one.

First i havent been on here but have been open carrying

Ok was working (company will not let me carry). And was at cluade moore park. I noticed in the rec center a "guns free criminal welcome" zone sign. This building is shared with a pre-k does that put them under the school exemption? Or would the state preemption overule? I would be happy to contact them just want to be sure of the facts first.

2nd. I looked into the no-guns sign in the cemetary at balls bluff park. That portion inside the stone wall is owned/administrated by the feds VEterans affairs and so that was a bit o a dead end short of changing thier nationwide policy. But the guy that i talked to at nvrpa was very helpful and on our side.

So if i have a 4 acre property im looking at west of rt15 anything else i need to check on to make sure i can hunt/shoot (in addition to basics good backstop/standard gun safety rules)
    Better idea MOVE SOUTH

Find me a decent job down there and i would!

So 100 yards from anything the property is 4 acres so that shouldnt be an issue and im just talking shoting for an hour or two on saturdays, what is the dtp 808 rules? I thought va was pretty lax except after dark

Quote Originally Posted by xdm guy View Post
    Better idea MOVE SOUTH
    Hush!

Hush!
    Ok give NOVA to Maryland. Is that a better idea?

Quote Originally Posted by xdm guy View Post
    Ok give NOVA to Maryland. Is that a better idea?
    Or DC

What exactly is yalls plan when you give up nova aka richmonds cash
    Cow. You will need to start paying taxes down there!

What exactly is yalls plan when you give up nova aka richmonds cash
    Cow. You will need to start paying taxes down there!
    Just make more shine to balance the budget. Besides, when we get rid of NOVA, which sucks up most of the money anyway, we'll be dollars ahead.

We don't need taxes. I gave McDonnell my "Pay2Pee" Plan.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Ed when you go in the main doors facing the front desk look left there is a huge billboard and under prohibited tobacco, guns, alchohol.
    I have contacted the director.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Peter nap you really beliv nova is a net ($) loss for the state?

Or DC
    Both are hopeless

Thumbs down

Peter nap you really beliv [sic] nova is a net ($) loss for the state?
    He ain't the only one.

It's a great place for yankee interlopers to put down roots as they work to turn our fair Commonwealth into a Borg-esque commune of centrism and big government.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Peter nap you really beliv nova is a net ($) loss for the state?
    That discussion could take weeks and fill volumes. In short....no, that's mostly my boyish humor that has the simple "I hate NOVA" attitude.

The long-short answer is that NOVA is really not part of Virginia.

Not all Novarians are disgusting Yankees that shouldn't be in my state or immigrants that are here illegally or Novacops who have their heads up North..actually the opposite. Some darn good people live there. Most by choice because that's where they choose to work.

This doesn't involve them. Everyone has to make their own choices.

It's a lot more complicated than that. NOVA takes whatever it can get it's hands on and what it gives back is alien and poison to rural Virginia.

Taken as a whole though, I could live quite nicely if the Iron Curtain was pulled.