• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ignorance strikes again!!

Crew Dawg

Reading Greatsimons post brought to mind something that happened to me. After i divorced my first wife i moved in with a buddy of mine while i saved for a new house. I'm i guess what you would call a "Gun Nut" because, i rarley own less than 30 at any time. Any way...while i was there i kinda turned him into a gun nut monster too. Well... about 2 weeks after we returned from a deployment to Iraq ( back when we took Faluja) this retarded friend of his came over. We lived in a less than reputable neighberhood and kept loaded fire arms at all times close to hand. I had a SIG 226 and Stevens 12ga SXS w/18 barrels loaded with 2" 00 buck. He had a FN in 40 S&W. To describe the lay out of the house. The front door leads into the living room with a short hall intrance in the back right corner. My buddies room is at the end on the left. The hall then turns right and my room is at the end. This idiot rips open the storm door and kicks in the main door yelling and cussing. Don't remmember exactly but he said he had a gun and where's our S@#$ at. We rolled out and i stopped at the corner SIG in belt with 12ga in hand. My buddy knelt in his door with 40 in hand. Idiot comes in to hallway and comes face to face with 2 very large holes fallowed by the "SNICK" of a safety coming off. We had not recognized his voice and were fully entinding to kill him. We all got very,very lucky. After lowering my weapon i did punch him in the mouth for scaring the crap out me.

Last edited:

OldCurlyWolf

Reading Greatsimons post brought to mind something that happened to me. After i divorced my first wife i moved in with a buddy of mine while i saved for a new house. I'm i guess what you would call a "Gun Nut" because, i rarley own less than 30 at any time. Any way...while i was there i kinda turned him into a gun nut monster too. Well... about 2 weeks after we returned from a deployment to Iraq ( back when we took Faluja) this retarded friend of his came over. We lived in a less than reputable neighberhood and kept loaded fire arms at all times close to hand. I had a SIG 226 and Stevens 12ga SXS w/18 barrels loaded with 2" 00 buck. He had a FN in 40 S&W. To describe the lay out of the house. The front door leads into the living room with a short hall intrance in the back right corner. My buddies room is at the end on the left. The hall then turns right and my room is at the end. This idiot rips open the storm door and kicks in the main door yelling and cussing. Don't remmember exactly but he said he had a gun and where's our S@#$ at. We rolled out and i stopped at the corner SIG in belt with 12ga in hand. My buddy knelt in his door with 40 in hand. Idiot comes in to hallway and comes face to face with 2 very large holes fallowed by the "SNICK" of a safety coming off. We had not recognized his voice and were fully entinding to kill him. We all got very,very lucky. After lowering my weapon i did punch him in the mouth for scaring the crap out me.

You should have hit about 3 feet lower, hard enough to remove him from the possibility of procreating.

THEN, pounded on his head.:cool:

Evil Tyler Durden

Crummy California the most unfair state in the uni
Should have just busted him in the nose with the butt of the shotgun. Though I always thought "Stupidity Kills". In his case it was ignorance, because ignorant as* holes get 2nd chances. If the moron was a friend of mine before this incident, as he was your friends friend. I would have banned him permanently from any and all contact. It's like the retard crying wolf.

SFCRetired

I'd give the OP the benefit of the doubt. I know far too many people who are just that stupid. Start with my former stepson. When he was drunk, he'd go bear hunting with a switch. Got his head beat in a few times for thinking he was the world's baddest.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I know far too many people who are just that stupid. Start with my former stepson. When he was drunk, he'd go bear hunting with a switch.

Never hunted bear with a switch, but I bagged quite a few cottonmouths and eastern diamondbacks with sticks and bare hands. I'd say it was more naievity than stupidity.