• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your manners questioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich B

Greetings from CT. I noticed a (usually fair) gun blogger criticizing your recent OC experiences at the library that have made the news.

http://www.thebredafallacy.com/2011/02/manners-matter.html

I have been responding to this in the comments, as I feel it is a bit out of line to be criticizing you guys without actual facts (the news stories quoted are pretty terrible).

In the interest of fairness, I wanted you guys to see this and be able to respond if you feel it is appropriate.

Carry on!

Rich B

I have no idea where she got the idea anyone was being an '*******', but I highly doubt that was the case.

I would love it if one of you guys had video of the event where you were all polite and respectful like I know you most likely were. That would be golden..

It is shame when we cannot even rely on fellow '2A supporters' to stand up for our rights.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I will say that most all of the news articles have been incorrect in their reporting ( Oh my.). I attended both Library Board meetings unarmed to discuss their policy.

Both times I entered the library to attend these meetings I was targeted by the security officer and told If I didn't submit to his questioning I would not be allowed into the meetings.

I refused to answer his questions so he called the police which came and physically retrained me with no RAS or PC other than I wouldn't answer their questions. Not one other visitor to the library was asked if they were armed.

I would say based on the security guards actions and the police that the unmannered ones were not the MOC members.

There were no holstered flashed at anyone, the two MOC members that refused to leave were overly polite and even talked with the Security guard about a variety of topics. There was no panic, no screaming children, etc. As for sitting in the teen section that was coincidental as it is the nearest section to the entrance and had a table open so the members could prepare their comments for the Lansing City Council meeting later that night.

This is much ado about nothing.

wrightme

Wow. What a telling read there. So it is offensive to carry protective devices where there are people who can benefit from protective devices.....

Rich B

Last edited:

DanM

Actually, it sounds like he is getting his 'facts' from http://www.thebredafallacy.com/2011/02/manners-matter.html, sadly.

It is unfortunate that I have such high hopes for my fellow pro rights brethren, because it leads to so much disappointment when they occasionally join the side of ignorance.

Yeah, I'm "DM" that was posting over there at The Breda Fallacy. Boy, did she ever live up to the name of her blog with her post and comments. I tried to get responses from her and the few other Fudds there with specific challenges to their thinking. No takers. They may be Fudds, but they ain't dumb. They know their views can't be defended.

Rich B

They may be Fudds, but they ain't dumb. They know their views can't be defended.

It is amazing (and terribly sad) how much trying to engage them in debate is like trying to engage anti-rights people in debate.

I stand by my comparisons of her reasoning and emotional responses to japete's responses.

DanM

I stand by my comparisons of her reasoning and emotional responses to japete's responses.

Well, agree with that comparison or not, it's nowhere near as off-base as her labeling me argumentative and trollish.

You can tell by their own words how much she and the few others were bothered about getting called out about the Fuddish attitude their words conveyed.

Rich B

Well, agree with that comparison or not, it's nowhere near as off-base as her labeling me argumentative and trollish.

The whole dialog consisted of:

"You guys are a-holes"

"Why? They didn't do anything wrong, you don't understand the facts."

"You guys are a-holes, and you are trolling my blog!"

"No we aren't, we are simply trying to explain why we feel your blog post is in error."

"Stop calling me names!"

"No one has called you any names so far. But your original post did call plenty of people names, as well as your replies in the comments being very derogatory."

"Go away! Nothing to see here! I am only going to allow people to comment that agree with me in the future!"

If anyone is a troll, it would be her for posting obvious bait and then posting about how many blog hits she is going to get because of it and never allowing any kind of reasoned discourse.

Last edited:

Rich B

The anti's are going to just eat up the morons who are posting on there that they would perceive OCers as 'a threat' and would be getting ready to 'take action'.

This is very sad indeed.

B

Bikenut

A Valentine's Day rant... one I'll surely not be loved for.

(the following is an unpaid for opinion... like it or don't... I don't care)

To all those who think that hiding your guns keeps the right to keep and bear from the notice of those who would take away the right to keep and bear.... and constantly apologizing for the right by making sure never to annoy or offend the enemies of the right to keep and bear...

You are cowards and fools one and all!

Worse than fools because every time you cut down those who stand up for the very right you hide and are too cowardly to stand up for ... you are actively helping those who would take away that right.

The idea of hiding your gun because someone might get "scared" or "offended" was planted in the consciousness of society by unrelenting PR campaigns orchestrated by................ the anti gun agenda. And to see gun owners actually spew that garbage as if it has anything to do with the right to keep and bear is............ disgusting.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
A Valentine's Day rant... one I'll surely not be loved for.

(the following is an unpaid for opinion... like it or don't... I don't care)

To all those who think that hiding your guns keeps the right to keep and bear from the notice of those who would take away the right to keep and bear.... and constantly apologizing for the right by making sure never to annoy or offend the enemies of the right to keep and bear...

You are cowards and fools one and all!

Worse than fools because every time you cut down those who stand up for the very right you hide and are too cowardly to stand up for ... you are actively helping those who would take away that right.

The idea of hiding your gun because someone might get "scared" or "offended" was planted in the consciousness of society by unrelenting PR campaigns orchestrated by................ the anti gun agenda. And to see gun owners actually spew that garbage as if it has anything to do with the right to keep and bear is............ disgusting.

I agree 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.