• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wholesale Sports on Nationwide and Controversial issues

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Some of you may know that I am one of the coordinators for the Second Amendment Rally being held on the Capitol Grounds in Olympia Washington on April 30th. I have been in contact with many businesses, gun shops, sporting goods stores and more, getting prepped for the rally. I wrote to Wholesale Sports asking for some support and, well... I'll let you read the reply. I have included my draft email as well as the managers reply.

-Bill

Bill Starks <m1gunr@gmail.com>
to Brian.Ritchey@wholesalesportsusa.com
date Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 1:51 PM
subject Second Amendment Rally 4/30/11

Mr Ritchey,
I am an assistant coordinator for the Washington State 2nd Amendment Rally which is being held on the State Capitol grounds, April 30th 2011 at Trivolli Fountain in Olympia. Dave Workman will be the Keynote speaker this year and we have a bunch more folks lined up to speak (tentatively - Alan Gottleib and Senator Pam Roach). We have several pro 2A law firms & gun rights groups setting up booths to pass out information and goods. I have a flier that I have passed out to more than 25 of the gun shops in the Puget Sound region and I'm in the process of contacting other gun shops and gun shows in cities across Washington to get the word out about this rally.

What I would like to know is what would I need to do to get your organization on board with this rally?
Would your organization be able to help with tables & booths to pass out information and free items to the crowd?
What would I need to do to be able to get your organization to distribute or allow our group to pass out fliers at your location?

This Rally is not associated with any one group in particular. It is for every person that owns, collects, shoots, hunts or carries a weapon. You can find the most up to date information, pictures and videos about the Washington State Second Amendment Rally is available at: http://2awashingtonstate.wordpress.com/

A copy of the flier is available at: http://www.washingtongunrights.com/2A/flier.pdf

Any questions can be sent to this email address (m1gunr@gmail.com) or you may call me at 253-666-xxxx.

Thank you in advance,

Bill Starks
Second Amendment Coordinator

Brian.Ritchey@wholesalesportsusa.com
to Bill Starks <m1gunr@gmail.com>
date Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 11:16 AM
subject Re: Second Amendment Rally 4/30/11

Hello Mr. Starks,
I would like to thank you and your constituents for considering Wholesale Sports participation with the 2nd Amendment Rally on 30 April 2011. Unfortunately at this time Wholesale Sports and UFA would like to remain neutral on such nationwide and controversial issues. We do appreciate the efforts put forth by groups such as yours. We look forward to your continued patronage as a valued customer with Wholesale Sports.
Sincerely,

Brian Ritchey
Store Manager
Wholesale Sports #153
1220 Marvin Road NE
Lacey, WA 98516
360 459-5800

Last edited:

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Deros went to the Federal Way, Washington location to see if the issue was a lone store or the whole chain. I received a call to drop off a huge bunch of Rally fliers and FAQ's we've been handing out at the guns shows to the manager of the Federal Way store.

So it seems it's not the whole chain, just this one store manager in Lacey, Washington.

DevinWKuska

Boycotting Lacey

E-mail sent stating my disgust with his store. Wondering if contacting their corporate office would would produce a different opinion then his? If so perphaps the corporate office would be very interested to know that one of their stores(who I am sure makes 80%of their sales to gun owners) doesnt support their local patrons.

Trigger Dr

Corporate Office

The Federal Way wholesale Sports is the Corporate headquarters for US operations. The main company is located in Canada, and pays very little attention to what happens in the US. Ask me how I know. I reported several violations of corporate policy to the Canada office, each of which went totally ignored. The only way I got their attention was to file a federal age discrimination complaint. Even that has done little to gain the attention of the Canada office, but Federal Way knows!

blackmarine

Some of you may know that I am one of the coordinators for the Second Amendment Rally being held on the Capitol Grounds in Olympia Washington on April 30th. I have been in contact with many businesses, gun shops, sporting goods stores and more, getting prepped for the rally. I wrote to Wholesale Sports asking for some support and, well... I'll let you read the reply. I have included my draft email as well as the managers reply.

-Bill

Bill Starks <m1gunr@gmail.com>
to Brian.Ritchey@wholesalesportsusa.com
date Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 1:51 PM
subject Second Amendment Rally 4/30/11

Mr Ritchey,
I am an assistant coordinator for the Washington State 2nd Amendment Rally which is being held on the State Capitol grounds, April 30th 2011 at Trivolli Fountain in Olympia. Dave Workman will be the Keynote speaker this year and we have a bunch more folks lined up to speak (tentatively - Alan Gottleib and Senator Pam Roach). We have several pro 2A law firms & gun rights groups setting up booths to pass out information and goods. I have a flier that I have passed out to more than 25 of the gun shops in the Puget Sound region and I'm in the process of contacting other gun shops and gun shows in cities across Washington to get the word out about this rally.

What I would like to know is what would I need to do to get your organization on board with this rally?
Would your organization be able to help with tables & booths to pass out information and free items to the crowd?
What would I need to do to be able to get your organization to distribute or allow our group to pass out fliers at your location?

This Rally is not associated with any one group in particular. It is for every person that owns, collects, shoots, hunts or carries a weapon. You can find the most up to date information, pictures and videos about the Washington State Second Amendment Rally is available at: http://2awashingtonstate.wordpress.com/

A copy of the flier is available at: http://www.washingtongunrights.com/2A/flier.pdf

Any questions can be sent to this email address (m1gunr@gmail.com) or you may call me at 253-666-xxxx.

Thank you in advance,

Bill Starks
Second Amendment Coordinator

Brian.Ritchey@wholesalesportsusa.com
to Bill Starks <m1gunr@gmail.com>
date Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 11:16 AM
subject Re: Second Amendment Rally 4/30/11

Hello Mr. Starks,
I would like to thank you and your constituents for considering Wholesale Sports participation with the 2nd Amendment Rally on 30 April 2011. Unfortunately at this time Wholesale Sports and UFA would like to remain neutral on such nationwide and controversial issues. We do appreciate the efforts put forth by groups such as yours. We look forward to your continued patronage as a valued customer with Wholesale Sports.
Sincerely,

Brian Ritchey
Store Manager
Wholesale Sports #153
1220 Marvin Road NE
Lacey, WA 98516
360 459-5800

It's not my country anymore.

X

M

McX

remain neutral, what a lame yuppie tofu excuse! should be: remain IN neutral, as in not going anywhere. whimps.

1911er

New dirt on an old thread

It seems their firearms policy is follow Canadian procedure they will not release any weapons if you get A delay on your NiCS check until they here from nics I went up there to buy A 22 pistol they called me after 37 days to come and get it, When I got there they said I have to fill out another 4473 because the last one expired after 30 days. Needless to say I purchased elsewhere and have not been back.

Last edited:

bchunter

I feel your pain guys. Wholesale sports is a pain in the ass up here too. Can't wait for the cabellas to open.